cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

You should pay the account but less the scam charges. If you have disputed the charges then they should not chase you for them.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Petendel, if the Premium content provider has confirmed with you that the charges will be refunded then it will reflect on your next months bill. Refunds from the content provider can take 2 - 3 weeks to come through. I can double check this for you just PM us here your phone number / account number, full name and date of birth. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why do refunds take 2 - 3 weeks to come through when they can add it to your account instantly?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

These are Premium Content charges come through from the third party to apply on your service providers bill in your case Optus. As such it is not Optus charging you directly. Similarly, refunds are applied by the content provider. If the refund is already applied on your account, it will then reflect on the next months bill. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

That's not what I asked.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hello @Sbusby. If you send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth, we can assist you with disputing the charges. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA sphere live scam

Hi Mike

I too got charged over $100 over the last few months for this MIA which I never authorise for.

How can we get refund for it ?

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: MIA sphere live scam

Hello @calixgk

If you send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name, and date of birth, we'll assist you with disputing these charges and blocking any further. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

MIA Sphere Live Rip off

I have been repeatedly billed by MIA Sphere Live for Content Services to which I have NOT subscribed.
A quick Google search reveals this to be a fraudulent scam affecting many thousands your customers. Optus appears to be a willing participant in this fraud. It is very disappointing.
I have wasted over 1 hour of my Sunday morning investing this rip off and trying to stop it continuing.
Optus,  Please advise by  what you are doing about this?  I expect all the charges to be refunded/cancelled, and compensation for my lost time and the stress it has caused me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I too got hit with the same issue.

My latest bill came up to $72.16 when its usually $42.20 only. And I had three transactions of $9.08, all from MIA Sphere Live. Not to mention my CURRENT billing cycle had OTHER $9.08 charge added this morning (so now we're up to $36.32 in total). 

I contacted live chat today and they've helped me set the premium content provider to $0, but in terms of the refund, I have to wait for the content provider to call back? I'm not sure how you expect a business that scammed me to call me back and issue a refund. I do have direct debit set up, but if I don't hear back from the content provider in the next 2 days (I doubt it), I will be turning off direct debit and only manually paying the amount I should have been charged for this bill and the next, if it is not taken off my invoice that is. 

Judging by other people's comments here that have also set the slider to $0, I am very worried that I am going to get hit by this scam again and be forced to pay for it. An extra $9.08 a week adds up. Please do better Optus, I really like your services but this is so very damaging.  

0 Kudos