cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Hey @Alex_1

Sorry to hear this has been the experience you've had. Our Customer Care team should be able to dispute any charges you've received from the third party provider as well as set a $0 spend limit on your account for these services moving forward. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: barring premium sms

Sorry to hear that @archienhi,

Have you spoken with our Customer Care team to dispute these charges from Hungama for you? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've been scammed by MIA just recently.

I called Optus and been told that they requested a refund.

Called the helpline in the bill and they just redirected me to another help desk to ask for a refund and the line is disconnected!

The whole thing is really a big scam!

How Optus let that happen. I've been with Optus for a long time and now I feel my trust has been betrayed.

I haven't been notified during that 3rd party can charge me and that the option is enabled by default!

Any comments?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

HI Peter

Follow the link to TIO  Telco Ombudsman

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

copy and paste the above link in the address bar

Fill in the complaint form and you will hear back from the Ombudsman

Optus will then contact you and you can pressure them into crediting the amount billed incorrectly

TIO helped me and I was refunded completely from Optus

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have just received my latest bill and received 2x weekly charges for "MIA Sphere Live" at $9.99 each. To try and solve my problem i:

• Contacted "MIA Sphere Live" on 1300724406 as per the advice on the bill. I entered the number the charges were applied to and the automated message stated i had to call another number because i had called the wrong one. And the number was .... <blank> would you like to hear this number again? 
  • I tried looking into my account online but the new site redesign seems to have dropped a significant amount of functionality. 
  • So i call Optus on 133 937 and following about 7 automated button presses, they texted me the link to an automated site, which tells me i can fix this online! but the link doesn't work. ...
  • So re-call Optus on the same number and avoid pressing the premium content (and being sent to another dead end). I waited on the line for a total of 20 minutes. When i ended up being connected the operator kindly blocked all premium content services and promised a refund next month.

So i managed to get it resolved but the process was not easy to get here....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

HI, OPTUS

I have been charged for $12 from phone number 19789196. It says that I'm using Hungama as Bollywood movies website. How can I stop it? I have ever never clicked to use this. 

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Abby

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Very Annoyed , I have been ripped by these guys also .

$40 in 2 months from this Mia Sphere Live and Harvest Frenzy .

I cant believe Optus have not blocked this service provided before a large number of us have been caught out 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been caught out also , $40 in 2 months which i missed , trying to chase it up now and get my money back 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just  had this charge on my latest account (September), I chatted with Optus on line and she has blocked them for me. 

Does anyone know who this is? 

0 Kudos