Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

For several MONTHS, I and countless others, continue to get scammed by this Optus enabled con artistry.

And we're still waiting for the matter to be "resolved".

I saw a note from one Optus Victim on this forum who has now switched to a different service.

How is it that SO MANY reasonable, rational, normal people who have the misfortune of being Optus customers are getting scammed, month after month, enabled by Optus ... while Optus tells us that it's not really the fault of Optus.

We've gotten charged through our Optus accounts. Optus has been profiting from this.

Optus can solve this problem instantly. But they don't. Not because they can't, but because they won't.

Optus is the enabler. Optus drags its feet. Optus makes promise after promise after promise that it doesn't keep.

We are suckers.

As for the immediate action you can take: Get Optus to set your third party content provider limit to zero. You can do it yourself, but it's a bit of a convoluted process (for some mysterious reason).

That means you can't be charged any more.

Optus: You should have the content provider limit set to zero by default on all Optus accounts, so that it takes a clear decision by the customer to raise that limit.

That's what a decent, responsible company would do.

Highlighted

Re: MIA Sphere Live

These Premium Services can be blocked via My Account to prevent future charges. For more info on how to do this, check out this link. We can also help you dispute these charges if you speak to us here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The Premium Services can be blocked via My Account to prevent future charges. For more info on how to do this, please check out this link. We can also help dispute these charges if you speak to us here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

I got my refund from Optus.  I was charged $60+ and got a refund of $40+.  It still is short.  However, I haven't logged a complain for the balance as I received an email/messages saying it may not happen in 1 billing cycle.  I will wait on the next bill and see how it goes.  I am happy in a way I got something back.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for letting us know you received a partial refund.

It's disgraceful that you didn't get the full amount returned and now must squander even more time and effort.

You shoud never havve been charged in the first place. And Optus knows it.

Optus should offer at least 3 months free service for the hassle and time waste they've caused you.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I hope you actually got the refund, i.e. money in the bank. I am going through the same thing at the moment and when I first queried my bill the agent said she would give me a refund. Now that further charges have appeared on my usage I got back in contact with optus and the agent said I don't have a refund they have just marked it as in dispute. The further charges appeared AFTER I first complained and set the Premium SMS limit to $0.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Oh goody, look, I have just had a message from optus saying I have been awarded a Back in Action badge. Well I can assure you that I will not be clicking on the link because it may cost me $9.08 and subscibe me to some service I cannot cancel and don't want.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @NedKelly, sorry to see you've had further issues here. Please feel free to shoot me a private message if you have any issues with this. My team deal with these problems all the time and can make sure yours is resolved properly moving forward.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

MIA Sphere Live???

I just received my latest bill and there are two charges on my account from 'MIA Sphere Live' of $13.98.

I have not KNOWN or HEARD about it, and never requested these content services. What is this 'MIA Sphere Live' thing???

This is really not what I expected from a big company like you, OPTUS!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi - I've been hit with the same scam charges. Could I please get some help resolving them? Thanks

0 Kudos