cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Mai2010, as you can see from this forum thread, "you are not alone".

We on this forum thread are the tip of the iceberg.

I suggest that, as a first step, you ask Optus support to set your "Premium SMS spend control" to zero.

You can actually do that yourself by logging into your Optus account, go to "Settings", then clicking on the section that says:

Premium SMS spend control

Control how much you can spend on Premium SMS in a clander month.

But Optus support should be able to assist with this if you have difficulties.

If I'm not mistaken, that should (I hope!) ensure that you can not be charged any more by these so-called "content providers".

If anyone on this forum believes I'm in error about that, please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

I have also fallen victum and I dont even have a text message from them! there has been no sign of them until my bill was saying my direct debets hadn't covered by bill. 5 seperate charges from Winneroos on my account and I have had no emails, text or any other contact to even slightly explain why I would have recieved this. I am so angry and frustrated that there doesnt appear to be anything we can do. I even tried logging a complaint on the form online but it wont let me submit the form!

very frustrated, angry and upset user right here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

@prodos I can answer those questions for you, and if you call the accc they will confirm this.

They take a cut of the charges given to you.

So the answer is yes and yes.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same here:-(

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @IngaHaas, looks like you have been subscribed to a premium service. Could you please contact us here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us and we can escalate the charges with the content provider. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same problem getting these prizesaints message every week to which I never signed/subscribe to. These messages have stacked up my bills. What steps can I take to get these costs waived because this is pretty unfair. Please help me. I really need this problem to be resolved. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Phillip92

1. As a first step ask Optus support to set your "Premium SMS spend control" to zero so you, hopefully, can not be charged any more.

2. Do not pay the portion of your bill that has been wrongfully charged. Tell Optus support to make a note on your account that this is a disputed amount. 

These two steps do not entirely solve the problem, but they may be helpful.

Can you tell us fellow Optus Victims, the dates on which you were wrongfully charged by the "prizesaints" scammers please?

This would help us all in determining whether Optus is keeping its promise to discontinue their association with these so-called "content providers".

Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@RyanJ79

You ask: "How do they have access to my billing?!!!"

So many of us in your position have asked a similar question and have never received a convincing answer from Optus support.

The truth is that Optus has granted them access to your account without your consent.

Optus has very sloppy standards for determining whether a "content provider" is or is not a scam artist, and applies very ineffective, and I would argue, indifferent, methods of protecting their customers. 

However, Optus support is very adept at providing lots and lots of assurances that they're .... you know ... really onto it.

Optus gains financially whenever these so-called "content providers" charge you.

Ask Optus support to set your "Premium SMS Spend Control" to zero.

Why it's not set to zero by default, I don't know.

Were this set to zero by default -- as it should be -- you and me and countless others would not have become Optus Victims.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Mike-N wrote:

"We can dispute the subscription for you @RyanJ79 and request that the premium content provider contact you to discuss any charges."

It should be Optus policy to suspend arrangements with any "content provider" who has charged someone like @RyanJ79 without their consent.

The onus of proof for establishing consent should be placed upon the "content provider".

While this is done, the disputed amount should be set aside and not charged to the Optus customer, or if it has already been charged, it should be refunded until proof of consent has been provided by the "content provider".

A copy of any claimed "proof of consent" should be given to the Optus customer to verify.

If it turns out that the the "content provider" has falsely claimed to have gotten consent when he hasn't, they should be dealt with by federal police.

In addition: Optus should content everyone else who has been charged by that "content provider" and inform them that they may have been charged without their consent. And if they think they have to contact Optus in order to see if they are entitled to a refund by Optus.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Tom020

Thanks for that information.

Is there any publicly available documentation on this that you know of?

For instance, something that you could link to?

Thanks.

0 Kudos