Searching...

Mobile

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Ausierob

Hi Seppi,

Good find.  I've kept the text messages sent to me and they in no way match that requirement.

BTW you might like to join the thread https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Billing/How-do-I-get-a-refund-from-being-scammed-by-this-Optus-Game...

There is a more active conversation there, I think you could make a usful contribution.

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Ausierob

Hi bennya,

Yes, very happy to contribute in having this resolved. I think writting to the ACCC (https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems) would be the most effective way to proceed as Optus (and Telstra, etc) can not simply ignore or put off dealing with them.  

I am continuing to gather evidance showing the miscondict of this practice. 

Interestingly over on the "MIA Sphere Live" thread Seppi have just posted some interesting facts in regards to the Industry Code regarding "Content Providers" and how they are to get Customer approval.  Link

The main point of there message as follows.

"INDUSTRY CODE C637:2011 MOBILE PREMIUM SERVICES. According to the code 4.4.1 "a Content Supplier must in all cases, send a standard, dedicated SMS subscription request message ("Subscription Request Message") to the Customer's mobile phone number". Furthermore (e) of 4.4.1 "(e) instruct the Customer to send an MO Message containing a Double Opt-In Keyword to a particular Short Code in order to subscribe; " 

The applicable Industry Codes Communication Allianance Page

Document Links

- C637:2011 (Variation No.1-2014)

- C637:2011 (Variation No.1-2014) Explanatory Statement

In my case no such "Double Opt-In" was done. I did not prespond to any message giving my approval.  I did check the link provided but found it asked my phone number which I did not enter (I never provide my mobile number to any online service even, emails, Facebook, etc.). The "Prizesaints" (MIA Sphere), "Winneroos" (MIA Sphere), "Viobuzzy" (MIA Sphere), messages were an immidate "opt-in".

Given all evidance I have at hand I'm confident that I can show that the content provider MIA Sphere do not follow code and that Optus has made no resonible efforts to ensure compliance of such Content Provider.

zl

Hi Team,

I have charges MIA Sphere Live $32.03 from 26 May 17 to 25 Jun 17  of my mobile 0422204998 . I never called them and never heard about what it is. and why charges it in my account. Please refund this part to my account.

Thanks

Regards

Jane

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

kathysangel560

Report this to the Australian telecommunications ombudsman or if your not from Australia look it up on Google as you never applied for this they are scams also install true caller or true messenger and 360 secruity for android they block scammersin and block them there the best and it's free 

Aman_B

Hi @kathysangel560, we can certainly help with content charges. Please feel free to reply if you want us to check your service for this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

kathysangel560

I'm OK I have the best software on my phone to stop this it's not me with the problem it's another customer I was trying to help

Aman_B

No worries @kathysangel560. I'd also recommend changing your premium SMS spend to $0.00, this can be done in My Account. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

van1ir

Same problem here! Never signed up for  "Gamesaine 2" and when I received the first message, I ignored it thinking it was just spam.

Looking at my "Content & Premium SMS Transactions"  I've received $80 in charges so far. $50 of which was due with my bill tomorrow.. Lucklily I was able to request an extension.

I adjusted spend limit to $0 but it doesn't look like it comes into effect until the next billing cycle so there could still be more charges!!!

Have tried calling the number listed but no luck in getting through to them.. 

HELP!

AlexRH

Get that this would be concerning, @van1ir - if you can PM me with your account number, full name and DOB, we'd be more than happy to help. 

GABz

Optus's involvement in this is a scam! how can they charge third party fees on my Mobile Bill? This is illegal! If they are hiding some text into their T&Cs to allow for such a scam, then this is even worst! I'm waiting for my refund now... I hope they stop stealing money from people in the name of "Content Services"!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
111 Kudos
109 Kudos
76 Kudos
75 Kudos
75 Kudos