cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Hello @EugeneChan, @MattAM, @Miggysmom, and @ReservoirProp. @Dan_C one of our moderators has explained this above. He's provided info on how to block these types of charges and also on how to request an Optus put in process a request for any charges to be refunded. I suggest taking a look at his post because it answers your questions and covers some extra info on changes we're making in this space. If you're having any trouble with our Live Chat team @ www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobidon't hesitate to send me a private message confirming your phone number, full name, and date of birth. There might be a bit of delay in our response here but we're also happy to help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Re: Mooda MIA Sphere Live

Hello @Goldy1970. I'm very sorry to hear this has happened to you twice. Have you lowered your content spend to and raised a dispute against the charges? If not, please reach out to our team @ http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat to request this. Also, we understand the concern around these charges and the process in which you've been signed up through Facebook. We've recently made a commitment to cut ties with a number of third party content providers by January 31st. For more info you can check out our blog → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-our-Premium-Services-offering/ba-p/351928. If you have any trouble with Live Chat, don't hesitate to send us a private message for assistance with blocking these charges and requesting a refund. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor MeandPete
New Contributor

Re: Mooda MIA Sphere Live

I/We got hit with this scam too.  

Optus; Why is third parting billing not automatically turned off, or verfication for each new biller required before a transaction is complete.  This would be similar to a BPAY address book we have with our banks.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RJL
Occasional Contributor

I too have been billed 5 times by "MIA Sphere Live' for $6.36 each time.  Every Monday morning at 9.10am I seem to be billed this amount.  I am disputing having any knowledge over what the hell these charges are and I will not be paying them.  My current bill shows $31.80 worth of charges relating to such calls.  My previous bill

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Another $25.44 was charged on the bill before this one from MIA Sphere Live...again at 9.10am each Monday morning.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Total billed to my account over the past 3 months is $63.60.  I will be expecting a credit to my account for this amount.  Anyone interested in the back story, see this link - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-01/how-i-was-sucked-into-the-world-of-third-party-billing/8752950

Very disappointing from Optus and this behaviour should be reported to the Telco Ombudsman.

New Contributor LizP88
New Contributor

I have just had $49.95 extra on my bill with calls to MIA Sphere Live every Monday at 4:18am.

How do I get this taken off of my bill and prevent this from happening again?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Idprint
New Contributor

Contact your phone provider & get your extra (ie 1900 numbers etc) set to zero. Put in a disputed charge with Optus. You can contact Mia Sphere Live using the contacts in my post earlier. Then wait

0 Kudos
Contributor FamilyMan
Contributor

Got worried I'd get another late payment fee.  So instead of waiting I paid using using Visa instead of BPAY - and "My Account" now shows I'm up to date.

And I guess the next bill will show these new BPAY details Optus emailed us about.

0 Kudos
Contributor FamilyMan
Contributor

LizP88: Either...

a) Click someone in this thread who has "Moderator" next to their name. (Click their name, then click "Send Private Message".)  Send them your full name, date of birth, and mobile (or data SIM card) number. Or,
b) Phone Optus. Or,
c) Get on Optus Live Chat

... and ask them to (in this order confirming each one is complete as you go):

1. "Set my Premium Services balance to $0."
2. "Block all future premium content providers/charges."
3. "Unsubscribe me from MIA Sphere."  (Even after doing step 1 you might still be charged, because you were already subscribed' to MIA Sphere before Optus set your balance to $0. (Note Optus may say to phone MIA Sphere youself, but Optus CAN unsubscribe you from their end, because they have done so in my case.)
4. "Remove any MIA Sphere charges from my CURRENT, unpaid invoice."
5. "Credit the total amount I've been charged by MIA Sphere on all PREVIOUS invoices."

At point 5 Optus will probably ask you to pay the current invoice as-is, then ask for your phone number so MIA Sphere can contact you and 'arrange a refund'.  (Optus is are trying to make you deal with MIA Sphere yourself.)

However if you do this:

a) Some people never hear from MIA Sphere.
b) If you do hear from MIA Sphere they try to avoid repaying as much of your money as possible, saying things like: "I can only refund a maximum of one/two/three charges/months." They want to keep your money and they know many people will just accept what they say.
c) If you accept Optus arranging for MIA Sphere to contact you, and accept the reduced refund MIA Sphere offers, I'm not sure - but maybe it's considered that you agreed to a partial refund and you'll lose the rest.
d) If you do accept MIA Sphere's hogwash (I certainly wouldn't), they ask for your banking details to send whatever amount they 'allow' you to get back.

Instead, after making sure points 1 to 4 were complete, I said to Optus I would not deal with MIA Sphere; and asked Optus reverse/credit all past MIA Sphere charges.  (However I only had one month of scammed fees to claw back too.)   I would still ask Optus to refund the lot. Because as I said, government is watching these scams carefully now, and Optus doesn't seem to be refusing refunds (at least not in this thread).

If Optus does refuse, you have done your best and now have the right to contact the TIO: http://www.tio.com.au - provide them with details of what has happened, along with copies of any emails/livechats (remember to keep records), and state the result you expect to receive. They will contact and direct Optus to 'get their act together'.

Once Optus credits the charges, your account would be in credit.  So say MIA Sphere charged you $200 over 3 months, Optus credits it back, your account is then in credit by $200.  If your next bill was $70 you'd now have $130 credit during month #2 - and so on until it reached $0.

Good luck!