cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Aman_B

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Totally understand your concerns @Mai2010. If you're not comfortable providing your details here then you can certainly Live chat here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us and request one of our agents to check the premium SMS subscription. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Mai2010
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

I will pm you if I dont hear back from the content provider.

0 Kudos
Aman_B

No worries @Mai2010. Have a good night and feel free to chat again. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
RyanJ79
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey - I just received a text from these people too. I NEVER signed up for them. I encourage everyone to contact the telecommunications ombudsmen and lodge complaints with them, if Optus continue to ignore the issue. It's important that their is record of negligence. Just call 1800062058. 

Best.

Aman_B

Oh no 😞 May I please confirm @RyanJ79  if you have contacted our Live chat team here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us so that we can investigate the charges .

0 Kudos
RyanJ79
New Contributor
New Contributor

HI- I was waiting until business hours to contact. They textedlast week and I ignored it, assuming it was a scam. But then they texted again last night 

FreeMsg: Your subscription to Gamesaine costs $9.99/wk charged to your mobile account. Opt-out send STOP to 19789194 HELP:1300998509 au.gamesaine.com

I texted back STOP and they said this

FreeMsg: Ur subscription to Gamesaine has been terminated and no further charges will apply. U'll forfeit remaining subscription charges. HELP:1300998509

What are 'remaining subscription charges' that I haven't subscribed to? How do they have access to my billing?!!!

Is this a privacy hack at OPTUS?!

I really am nervous now seeing just what this is doing to other customers.

0 Kudos
Mike-N
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

We can dispute the subscription for you @RyanJ79 and request that the premium content provider contact you to discuss any charges. To arrange this, please either send our Live Chat team a message or if you would prefer, if you send us a private message here confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth, we'll investigate further for you. 

0 Kudos
Mai2010
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I just reviewed my messages and there were 3 messages from 19789206 that says FreeMsg: Mobiplays subscription is $6.99/wk for 60 quizzes. Optout send STOP.  Only 3 messages but I was charged 10 times.  Messages were all dtd when I was out of the country and was not using my SIM.  Only when I put my sim back on did I receive it and that was few days ago.  Nothing form previous months.  

I know you said you are currently looking at this but it is just so DODGY.  

Tom020
Contributor
Contributor

@Mike-N what exactly do you think is going to happen if/when the third party contacts them??

Do you really think they are going to refund those charges when they have no legal obligation to do anything?? They aren't even required to be an Australian business, and they are pretty much always based overseas.

Why are you insisting that the customer deal with these overseas third party entities they have no contract to, when the only people contracted to them are you, optus?

You optus are the biller here, not the third party.

I get it, you probably already gave the third party their cut of the scam profit and you don't want to lose out, but that's not our problem! That's your problem, optus!

You have a contract to us and to them. Not the other way around.

Even a bank who does nothing but process payments would be running a dispute on the customers behalf and refunding the money straight away because it's fraudulent.

You know it's fraudulent, you know these entities and which ones are fraudulent.

I'm disgusted at this response from optus.

prodos
Contributor
Contributor

Tom020 writes to Optus so-called "support":

Why are you insisting that the customer deal with these overseas third party entities they have no contract to, when the only people contracted to them are you, optus?

You optus are the biller here, not the third party.

I get it, you probably already gave the third party their cut of the scam profit and you don't want to lose out, but that's not our problem! That's your problem, optus!

You have a contract to us and to them. Not the other way around.

Spot on!

And I'll add that, like others on this forum thread, I did not ever receive this much-anticipated call from the so-called "third party"  or "content provider" (who provides no content).

Tom020 writes:

Even a bank who does nothing but process payments would be running a dispute on the customers behalf and refunding the money straight away because it's fraudulent.

Optus has the power to do exactly that. They choose not to.

I have a couple of questions for Optus support.

Very simple, straightforward questions that will be easy to answer and should be answered.

Please tell us all:

1. Does Optus make money from these "content providers"? Yes or no?

2. And more specifically, has Optus made any money from any of the "content providers" mentioned by those Optus customers who have reported that they have been charged through their Optus billing without their consent? Yes or no?

Thanks.

0 Kudos