cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

MIA Sphere Live

I just received my latest mobile bill and it was $15.00 more than normal.. i reviewed it and found a charge for MIA Sphere Live which I know absolutely nothing about...having looked at the site this appears to be quite common and a know scam. Why is OPTUS not blocking this 3rd party scammer ??? It surely has an obligation to protect its customers who trust Optus by allowing  direct debit and giving them our account details...

What and when is Optus going to do something about this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Mia Sphere Live? Yay (wearily)

Optus has said they are now blocking these scammers from billing, but seems incapable of doing so. Surely there's some process whereby these scammers contact Optus and give Optus a list of all the fees and charges they want optus to pass on to their clients? Automatic or manual it really shouldn't be that difficult to to see 'Mia Sphere Live' and just politely say no?

Anyway, yes Optus are required to protect their customers from these deceptive charges (Telstra just copped a $10 million fine for how it dealt with Premium SMS subscriptions) 

The good news is that while not all Optus Customer Service people are providing recredits, the mods on this site are happy to refute the amount and recredit your account on request (It may take a few days though). They should also set your Premium SMS Limit to $0 to stop it happening again.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

@Dan_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Huge, normally it would be apparent where you've subscribed to premium content, I'm really sorry it wasn't the case here though. Please chat with our Customer Service team so we can raise a dispute with the provider.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Seriously Optus, are you really trying to tell me there isn’t a problem here... there are hundreds of comments in yes crowd and  just google MIA Sphere Live.. I am going to escalate this to the telecommunications ombudsmen and my local member...perhaps the Royal Commission will roll from Financial services to Telcos next. You obvious inaction on this issue will come back and bite you and your Board who will be held accountable for ignoring (and making money) off this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Seriously Optus, are you really trying to tell me there isn’t a problem here... there are hundreds of comments in yes crowd and  just google MIA Sphere Live.. I am going to escalate this to the telecommunications ombudsmen and my local member...perhaps the Royal Commission will roll from Financial services to Telcos next. You obvious inaction on this issue will come back and bite you and your Board who will be held accountable for ignoring (and making money) off this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"normally it would be apparent where you've subscribed to premium content"

@Tris, the problem is normally it is not apparent when you have subscribed to "premium content". 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just a heads up @Huge, I've sent you a private message. 

You're welcome to chat with us there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos