Searching...

Mobile

Re: MIA sphere live scam

Dan_C

@ShaineSpa, I'd have thought that it’d have been applied by now.

Send and us and PM and we'll check the status of the dispute. If it's flagged as resolved, I'll go ahead and manually adjust the account from my end.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Mooda MIA Sphere Live

Holliem

After discovering a raft of charges from Mooda MIA Live Sphere on my recent bill I just read a blog that Optus have  suspended certain subscription based third party content providers across the Optus network. This took place from 31 January 2018 but I’m still being charged up to 20 Feb so far. 

I’ve never even heard of this Mooda group and have no idea how this managed to happen on my account. 

Optus this is bad form...where do I go to have these charges disputed and STOPPED!

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Holliem

Hi, currently on the same trail as you to get my money refunded. I am dubious to call this 1800 191 585 number. Have you checked to see what you’ve been charged for this call?

Highlighted

chefaus1

I got in touch with Optus , explained to them that O hadn't subscribed and the put a block on premium services to stop any further charges and said they will look into it. Then I got a message telling me I will get a credit on my next bill for the Mia Sphere charges. Good result!

[ Edited ]
Toomey

Thanks for raising this with us @ShaineSpa. Blocking Content Service charges should be a straight forward process so it's concerning to hear yours is not being completed correctly.

I'll need to check your account to see what's going on, please send me a private message with phone number, full name and DOB so I can check it out and get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Shauna

Hey @Holliem - we can fix this up for you. PM us with your details & we'll take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Mooda MIA Sphere Live

Shauna

Hey @Holliem - just responded to your other thread. 

CONTENT SERVICES

Lennox

Could someone please explain to me, and a growing list of Optus customers, what the “MIA Sphere Live” CONTENT SERVICES at the bottom of my monthly mobile phone bill is? I have never requested this service, have never had it explained to me by Optus and yet it suddenly appeared last October - on each occasion charging an EXTRA $20 - $60 on top of my normal $65 monthly bill.

Seriously needs investigating.

I would appreciate enlightenment into the nature of the service and how Optus allowed this through on my monthly bills.

Many thanks.

Re: CONTENT SERVICES

10000000000GB

It's a scam that the telcos have allowed. They send your phone number to cretins who you accidentally browse to, or they send you an SMS that you accidentally press, and hey presto, you are subscribed to a premium SMS service. To work, they need people with more money than sense, who never twig that their bill is +$12. You lasted 6 months, while others would be onto it on the first bill.

You can turn premium SMS spend off, and you can google the MIA sphere subject.

Re: Mia Sphere Live

rene_a

Hi Dan

I am getting these charges on my account from how did this happen?

I need to cancel and get a refund please

Rene

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos