Searching...

Mobile

Re: MIA sphere live scam

Tano

Hey @Nmllko I've just responded to your private message Smiley Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Toomey

Hey @miny18, feel free to send me a private message for assistance. (please include your number, name and DOB)

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

domwild

Telstra has stopped one-click subscriptions to "Premium Services" in December and Optus promised to stop this nuisance in January 2018. Looks like it is still happening.

Let's hope private messages to Optus help, otherwise contact the TIO on-line to get your money back.

Highlighted

domwild

Telstra has stopped one-click subscriptions to "Premium Services" in December and Optus promised to stop this nuisance in January 2018. Looks like it is still happening.

Let's hope private messages to Optus help, otherwise contact the TIO on-line to get your money back.

RB20

Hi Tano

I have the same problem as others (an unauthorised charge of $13.55 from MIA Sphere Live) so would appreciate it if you could get in touch re a credit and blocking these charges. I have now changed my premium subscription value to $0 so hopefully this won't happen again.  

Many thanks in advance for your help. Cheers 

Dan_C

@domwild,it's also important to note the following:

If your existing subscription was set up prior to 31 January 2018, it will continue to be charged to your Optus bill or deducted out of your Prepaid credit. There is no change to such existing subscriptions charged by Optus on behalf of the Third Party Content Providers.

@RB20, for this type of enquiry, we do suggest our live chat team. 

live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobiYou'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.
  • We suggest paying the difference between the content charge and your monthly access fee. You will not be penalised whilst a dispute is in progress. 

If you need us to follow up on your refund, message us back here and we'll gladly help out. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

domwild

Hi Dan_C,

Thanks for mail. I doubt if any "Premium Service" provider has ever returned the money once a dispute has been raised and I refer you to the ten year (!) old 53 pages at the Whirlpool communications forum of complaints, so please do not suggest that to any client, who has been scammed. Even trying to contact Optus is a problem in most cases as you can read on your forum as Chat does not seem to work, etc.

But we all hope this nonsence and nuisance will stop and has stopped in January 2018 as promised by Optus.

Dan_C

We've had this exact same discussion in the past. I've personally organised refunds for customers who've come through YC. I've seen hundreds upon hundreds of records where by a refund has been issued. This will always happen if the customer service rep has raised the dispute through the correct channel.

The statement that no premium service provider has ever returned the money is simply not true.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

RB20

Hi Dan C

Had a chat with a consultant earlier today so hopefully all is resolved and I will see the refund. Lesson learnt in regard to premium subscription values, if I change provider again I'll ensure the default value is $0 before starting the service. Cheers 

domwild

Hi Dan_C,

Thanks for info. No doubt your intervention then finally solved this problem and the money was returned at the next billing cycle, BUT Optus/Telstra/Vodaphone, etc. have always referred the scammed client back to the scammer and NEVER has the money been returned that way.

When I rang the so-called "Customer Service Number" as suggested by Telstra of the scammer, I even received a threat of legal action from them.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos