cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Contributor FamilyMan
Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

krys1224: See the message by "Dan C" on the previous page.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Densan
New Contributor

Rubbish...... I contacted Optus Chat re these scammers. 

I have had a sms confirmation that the 3 charges on my current account and the one on my next account will be refunded. Go back to Optus, they are fully aware of these morons....... demand )nicely) a refund! Good luck 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Maec
New Contributor

Hi please. I’m one of the victims on this MIA Sphere scam as well. And my bill is doubled because of the scam. Can someone help me please? I can’t reach anyone from Optus. I’ve tried ringing them and live chat which seems to be useless. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Maec, I've just sent through a handy guide to help you get this one resolved. If you have any other questions, feel free to chat with us there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

In almost all cases a refund is applied by the next time your next invoice is due out. Obviously it depends on the billing cycle you've been assigned. If we've submitted the dispute 1-3 days before your bill is due to be issued, the refund will not appear until the second invoice. This is simply due to the time it takes to process the refund.

We're always happy to follow up on these type of requests. You can send us PM http://yesopt.us/pmdan and we'll confirm that the discount is on its way.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor alo2018
New Contributor

I just noticed this happened to me from my last invoice, I contacted Optus Chat and they said they they will ask for a refund from them and it will reflect on my next invoice, they have aldo bloked 3rd party services to stop them making charges to my account.

This does not seem right to me, I have been getting tons of random SMS's about a "Video World" subscription that include some links, I always ignore messages from unknown numbers specially with links as that's one of the ways you can easily get hacked, turns out these SMS where legitimate and for some reason they can charge money without our concent, Optus should have this bloked by default.

Tags (1)
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Changes are on the horizon @alo2018.

Check out → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-our-Premium-Services-offering/ba-p/351928

0 Kudos
New Contributor krys1224
New Contributor

@Dan_C that link does not work

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Thanks krys1224. I've just fixed the above link. It should now be working.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ausierob
Occasional Contributor

Wow...  after well over a year of Optus defending the dodgy dealings of these "3rd Party" providers against the hundreds of complaints (look at all the threads here), with a number taking this to the Telecommunications Ombudsman they finally do a meaningful action. 

Its a shame that in taking so long to "do the right thing" there have been hundreds inconvenienced and probably twice that more out there who got fleeced by these scams to which Optus profited from. 

SobWell done Optus, at last.

We can only hope that the powers that be take the same time to resolve their own emerging medical needs. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors