cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Inspiringlife
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Hi just wondering whether someone from Optus took care of this for you?

0 Kudos
New Contributor INKx
New Contributor

Optus charged me for $7 for MIA Sphere Live, I don't have any idea that is though. So look up for that term, I found one post from the year of 2015 where Optus is saying that they solved the problem. But it seems like it's not. And the authority is saying that they are unable to refund the money, then my question is who got the money if it's not Optus? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @INKx - the funds go through to the premium content provider in which has charged you. Can you please PM me with your details? I can have this disputed and block further charges from coming through. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hello @Inspiringlife

Have you followed the advice on Dan's post above to request that Live Chat action your request for you? If they've been unable to help, please feel free to send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name, and date of birth. We'll assist you as soon as possible. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor FamilyMan
Contributor

I happened to login to my pocket wifi modem, which has an Optus mobile broadband SIM inserted... and saw a bunch of SMS messages.  Looking at them, it seems not only did MIA Sphere 'subscribe' me (on a mobile broadband service - not on a phone so how could I click anything!?), but also took it for granted I then wanted to pay for several different branches of their scammin... um... 'business model'.  (Because while the SMS's displayed various business names, my invoice only ever displayed 'MIA Sphere'.)

They're certainly a bunch of cockroaches, going out of their way to get as much money as possible with as much deception as they believe they can legally get away with.

New Contributor Mihjoe
New Contributor

I have read about many of the complaints regarding MIA Sphere Live, I have also been charged for a service which I have not subscribed to.  I can’t believe that this kind of crap and ripping off from unaware customers and even Optus not doing enough for their customers. I need to know what to do to stop this. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Inspiringlife
New Contributor

Thanks mike I have just sent you a private message with my info. My husband confirmed that this was a spammy popup on this phone and he has a snapshot of opting out - even though he never actually opted in! This is definitely a company that you guys need to watch out for as they are charging people for services that they never actually signed up for. Thanks for being so prompt with your response 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Densan
New Contributor

Hi..... I too had been charged by MIA SPHERE!! 

Contacted optus chat yesterday and have had the necessary blocks done and been advised this morning that I will be credited. 

Big scam for sure....... just how many people are not checking their account, these scammers must be making big $$$$$$   Surely Optus can do something to protect us from this 3rd party wrort!!!! Good luck 

0 Kudos
New Contributor espinola2020
New Contributor

Hi, I have been charged too around $50 from these guys. Bunch of scammers! Tried to call them following the advice from Optus, but no luck. Contacted Optus via chat and they will adjust the bill and clear of all those dodgy charges. Glad it is solved and aprecciate it was done quite quickly, but I think Optus and other providers should ban these scammers; I'm sure they now by know a few of them.

New Contributor krys1224
New Contributor

I have been charged over $45 too and optus told me to call them- no luck there as they never answered. How did you get Optus to clear the charges as they have told me they can't clear them, only the third party can give the refund.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors