cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

joshi
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Have done as advised and now i have to wait for a call it seems. not the most optimal refund process but the agent advised i didnt have a choice.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

The resolution time frame is 2-3 business days. If you haven't been contacted within the specified time frame, I'd suggest jumping onto live chat and asking the agent to confirm whether the query is listed as resolved. Depending on your bill cycle, a credit refund should be applied by the time your next invoice is due out. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
DFinn
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have $94.15 of charges to my current bill from MIA Sphere. I did not sign up to the scam and I would appreciate Optus rectifying these charges. 

I have tried contacting Optus via chat and phone and both are not connecting as its a 'high traffic period'. I would like the charges stopped as soon as possible so they do no appear on my next bill, and I would like the charges removed from my current bill. Please let me know how I can make contact with Optus to they can help rectify these scam charges. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Aman_B

HI @DFinn - Really sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Could you please PM me Here me your full name, Optus number & date of birth so we can take a look into this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Kirsty-H
New Contributor
New Contributor

MIA Sphere LIve

Since September I have been had content charges for MIA Sphere Live being added to my bill which I didn't sign up for. How do I go about getting this ceased and refunded?

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere LIve

I would speak with support about reversing those charges and you can do that via the live chat link below if you can get through. I would also have a look at the second link below as this explains how to reduce your exposure to these clowns by changing your spend amount to zero.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Online-Mobile-Self-Service/Premium-SMS-PSMS-and-How-To-Set-A-Spend-...

0 Kudos
Bradcz93
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I have just checked my December bill and have been charged $49.95 for MIA Sphere Live which I have not signed up to. Can somebody please contact me ASAP to have these charges reversed?

My bill is due to be paid by direct debit on January 12 and I do not want these charges to be paid.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @Bradcz93, thanks for reaching out. I've copied a response I'd posted from a similar thread. Hopefully it's of some use to you. 

We do understand the concern and changes are being made in response to customer feedback. I'd suggest checking out the following threads. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Optus-Postpaid-and/...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Home-Wireless/ba-p/...

For the moment, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobiYou'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.
  • We suggest paying the difference between your regular charge and premium content service charge. You will not be penalised whilst a dispute is in progress. 

If you need us to follow up on your refund, message us back here and we'll gladly help out

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Inspiringlife
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi can someone from Optus please contact me as I too have just found a MIA Sphere Live charge on my bill. It is only $6.99 but I definitely 100% did not sign up to them or any premium service. I have never heard of them before today nor have I ever opted in to any service so this is a fraudulent charge. I need them blocked from my account immediately and this charge reimbursed as I don’t wish to pay for any service I did not opt in to. If this many people are stating that charges from this company are fradulent then you really need to place them on some watch list 

0 Kudos
Inspiringlife
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks to the suggestions as per above. I would also like to make sure the following is done to my account :
1. "Set my Premium Services balance to $0."
2. "Block all future premium content providers/charges."
3. "Unsubscribe me from MIA Sphere." (PLEASE NOTE THAT I ACTUALLY DID NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!)
4. "Remove any MIA Sphere charges from my CURRENT, unpaid invoice."
5. "Credit the total amount I've been charged by MIA Sphere on all PREVIOUS invoices."

0 Kudos