cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

MarcusHa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Hi Optus,

Just receving my bill and found that I have been charged three time of $6.95, total of $20.85 for the service "MIA Sphere Live" which I have no idea what's this service is.

Please check and advise what should you or I need to do to prevent this happen again and if I have this amount refunded?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @MarcusHa, I left a post on this thread outlining the dispute process.

"We do understand the concern and we've recently made a commitment to cut ties with a number of third party content providers by January 31st. For more info you can check out our blog → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-our-Premium-Services-offering/ba-p/351928.

“We’re suspending certain subscription-based Third Party Content providers on all mobile services that use the Optus network (except Virgin Mobile Australia customers)."

For the moment, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobiYou'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Andremerc
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA sphere live scam

This is *moderated*!    This is the second time this has happened to me.  When are Optus going to do the right thing by their customers and make this type of scam a default "off" on our accounts, they should need the account holder to authorise any payments first!

I have a $11.00 unauthorised payment to MIA sphere that I need refunded!  Can you tell me how I go about this please?

domwild
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Hopefully Optus will respond to this and after you have "refuted those two charges", refund the money to you. Otherwise read my suggestions and chant the magic three letters, namely "T I O" (Ombudsman) in your email/conversation to Optus. An on-line complaint to the TIO will cost a telco $30 and more if escalated. I got my $20.20 back from Telstra after chanting this magic spell!

Telstra has apparently stopped these "one-click subscriptions to Premium Services" this month and Optus will stop it in January 2018, if those news are correct. It has taken ten years of rip-offs and millions of Dollars lost as can be gleaned from reading the Whirlpool forum. It might be worthwhile to suggest a "no win, no fee" class action from Slater & Gordon or others as unrolling all those fake charges would give them a mozza and us a bit of money.

HasanM
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Miles,

Just reviewing my bill for this month and I have one charge from "MIA Sphere Live" on my account. I did not authorise these transactions and don't even know what they are for. Can I please have this refunded from my bill? I have been browsing other forums and this is obviously a scam so I don't know why you are still allowing this platform to bill through the Optus Billing service? 

Awaiting your response,

Hasan

0 Kudos
Andremerc
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus,

I need information on who to contact at Optus to resolve this please?

0 Kudos
domwild
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Found this in the pouch the SIM card came in:

"I NEED HELP

Visit optus.com.au/contact

or call 1300 555 002"          End of Quote

I would use the email address as Telstra kept me waiting with listening to music trying to talk to Manila (Telstra HQ) and Optus will not be much different. Besides, you have a record of the conversation, which you can use for the on-line complaint to the TIO (Ombudsman). In your email you can mention the Ombudsman if Optus does not return the scammed money. Tell them you are "refuting the charges" and there is no need to pay the full bill, disputed charges do not need to be paid. Do not follow the suggestion to contact the scammer, that never returns the money. Do not make an on-line complaint to ACMA, ACCC, ACORN, Scamnet, Scamwatch, etc., as all they do is keeping scam statistics, but will not investigate.

The TIO will get your money back, but they will also not investigate, but who cares, as long as you get the loot back!

0 Kudos
joshi
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello team

I had this content services charge show up in my last months bill. I contact customer care through web chat and got it reverted and they promised to have it fixed going forward. But the next bill is again showing $50 worth of content services and this months billing already has $20 on it again. My request to chat with customer services is facing random technical issues from work at the moment.

Can you please help revert these charges and stop it once for all.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Nathan001
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ok, I have just noticed I have been hit by this same scam after receiving a few text messages today.

I have been away over 1 1/2 months over seas. 

I contacted live chat to block it and will be calling the number Optus gave me, if that doesn't work then Optus then then the TIO I guess. 

0 Kudos
JordanOptus
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey all, it'd be best to speak with the billing team to arrange four things. Block the provider, dispute the charge, request a refund, and set the Premium Content Services spend limit to $0. You can read more on Premium Content Services here.

Top Contributors