cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Bao_Ngo
New Contributor

BILLING. MIA Sphere Live

I just received my bill and I have $15.15 extra charges for "content service" - MIA Sphere Live and Digital Turbine - on my account. I did not request this service nor received any extra service. This is such a scam. And it seems that many others, YOUR customers, have been experiencing the same situation and so I really dont know why you let it happen again. I hope you can help me with this. Thank you

This is a repost. I posted this 1 week ago but Optus ignored me apparently

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor AmmyKK
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

I receive weird texts to subscribe to games etc and of course did not respond as I thought it was a scam. Next thing I know I’ve been charged for the amount that was displayed in the message. Called Optus immediately only to get sent an sms to follow instructions on the content services details page. Tried to make a complaint and apparently goes straight to third party. Replied STOP to the text as advised by Optus only to be charged another $0.25 for doing so. I am surprised that there are so many people in the same boat but yet Optus still allow these criminals to target their customers. 

Very unhappy camper here. 

New Contributor Siian
New Contributor

Hi dan. I’ve followed your suggestions and played phone tag with the 3rd party for 3 days. I spent half an hour on hold today before I got cut off and still haven’t spoken to anyone. Your suggestions have not been particularly helpful and that’s wonderful that change is on the horizon but it’s done s#it all for me. Pretty over it.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: BILLING. MIA Sphere Live

I am surprised nobody answered your other post as this MIA Sphere Live debacle has been going on for some time. Best to reduce your minimum spend to zero to stop this from happening again. Have a read of the link below for information on how to do that. I would also suggest you have a word to support on the live chat link below about getting those charges reversed.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-services-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRe...

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Re: BILLING. MIA Sphere Live

Hey @Bao_Ngo. Apologies on behalf of the moderators here. It looks like we missed your previous post and it wasn't picked up by anyone else in the community. If you have any trouble with Live Chat and need further assistance putting through a request for these charges to be refunded and blocked, feel free to send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name, and date of birth. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hello @Siian. Were Live Chat unable to raise a dispute for you? If you send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name, and date of birth, we'll raise a dispute for you to request a refund. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor dentabox
New Contributor

Re: MIA sphere live scam

Hi,

Just found a chage for MIA on my phone bill for this service which I have never used or heard of. Waiting for Optus -  20 minutes not happy like others in this forum.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor firmbee
Occasional Contributor

Just got this text. Does this mean these people? “Hi, from 31/01/18, you'll no longer be able to pay for certain Third Party Content through your Optus mobile service. This change will not affect your existing subscriptions. If you want to set up or renew a subscription after 31/01/18, you'll need to use an alternative payment method offered by the Third Party Content Provider. For more information, head here: optus.com.au/premsmsclose”

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor firmbee
Occasional Contributor

Re: MIA sphere live scam

Just got this text. Does this mean these people? “Hi, from 31/01/18, you'll no longer be able to pay for certain Third Party Content through your Optus mobile service. This change will not affect your existing subscriptions. If you want to set up or renew a subscription after 31/01/18, you'll need to use an alternative payment method offered by the Third Party Content Provider. For more information, head here: optus.com.au/premsmsclose”

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hey @firmbee,

The message you've received relates to a change we're making to the premium SMS service. It does not indicate that you've been subscribed to one 🙂 You can read more here

0 Kudos
Top Contributors