cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

I have also been charged without my consent by Mia Live. I’m not normally one to check my bills but when it doubled in cost I knew something was wrong. This is obviously a scam and I’m incredibly unimpressed that Optus has fascilitated this. Please remove this fee from my bill. I have not subscribed nor consented to these costs and will not be paying for them. Not impressed Optus.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Siian,

That's a perfectly valid concern. I've outlined the dispute process in my post above. I'd suggest having a quick read through the blog that I've linked. Change is definitely on the horizon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been hit by the same scam and charged $36 this bill. Have reached out to chat and they are going to do the same steps as above and i should be expecting a call from someone. Can we instead expedite this process as done for others and remove this charge from my bill so that i can pay it off. thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Mooda MIA Sphere Live

These scams are appearing as a sign up from sponsored Facebook links which take us through a deceptive sign up process and the cost is for the cancellation of these services by sms.

I put it to you that Optus is not protecting its customers under its duty of care as it is aiding these deliberate scams.

I have had this occur twice.  Each time I have reported the link to Facebook.

It seems that we don’t even need to complete the sign up process, just click on the link.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

Mia Sphere Live and Digital turbine have ripped me off over $20.

How can I get this fixed up?

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey.  I just got billed $35 for MIA sphere.  What is that about?  And where did that come from?  Optus please sort this out 'cause I am not paying for that!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dan, I have recently just been caught up with the same issue. I have sent you an PM about it today. Hope to chat soon.

Thank you, 

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

It's me again, Mike-N...

Question 1:

On Sunday you said 3 business days. It's now 8pm Wednesday night. If I click: "Pay Your Bill Now" in the emailed Optus invoice, it shows $84.99; but if I login to the site and click "Bill" it shows: "Amount due: $69.99"; and just below that on the same page it's different again and states: "$79.91 is OVERDUE".  (That's three different amounts, LOL.)

*Did you mean the amount owing would be corrected by the start of fourth business day, or has the bill still not been corrected?*

Question 2:

Once we are 'overdue' (but I'm not really overdue)... both the emailed PDF invoice, and the Optus site, both no longer show any 'due date'.  It concerned me I might be over whatever that due date should have been for this month.  Today I received an email reminder from Optus I was 'overdue'.  Because of that I was about to go and pay the amount I really DO owe of $69.99 - however - I've also received a second email, stating the Optus account number and BPAY biller code has changed.

*So in addition to answering Q1, can you please tell me which BPAY details I should use?  The old BPAY details I've been using the last several months, or does Optus want me to wait until the new BPAY details arrive?*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've just replied back @Njm, we'll chat there 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Seems this scam is still going on. Just spent another hour on chat with Optus trying to sort this out and now Optus want me to field a phone call from Freenet Digital / MIA Sphere Live. Why? Who are these guys? They are your suppliers Optus! Why am I being asked to talk to them? I have no contract with them - you do. You sort it out!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors