cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Also received my November bill and it has MIA Sphere Live, I have no idea what this is and I don't subsribe to any services. I tried contacting the helpline number on the bill, but it has been disconnected.

Tried contacting Optus via phone and chat and chat, but both were busy.

I need this item removed from my bill.

Waiting for a response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Well, back on page 22, I was told by "Gen_R":

* He/she could see my Optus SIM is inserted in a modem, not a phone.

* Which (in theory) meant MIA Sphere should not have been able to 'subscribe' me to premium SMS charges in the first place.

* That all fraudulent MIA Sphere charges from month 1, and that current month 2, would all be credited on the next invoice.

* The "Premium service spend limit" was now set to $0.

* I wouldn't be charged by MIA Sphere again.

* I could now pay (only) my usual monthly amount and ignore the fraudulent MIA Sphere part of the invoice, because it would be credited to my account.

I've just received my second invoice - which is wrong again.

My usual invoice is $69.99 per month, for a 100GB per month data-only SIM on a 24-month contract.  (No included phone calls.) But last month I received an invoice for $149.90 instead.  $79.91 of that amount was fraudulent charges from the thieves at MIA Sphere.

As directed by "Gen_R", I paid only my usual $69.99, then waited for the fraudulent charges to be credited to my next invoice.

But my current invoice again states I owe an incorrect amount of $84.99 ($15 more than $69.99).  The invoice shows that $15 is for 'account charges'.  So while I'm only guessing, I assume this $15 is an 'overdue fee' - because I only paid my usual $69.99 as directed, but Optus crediting the fraudulent MIA Sphere charges to my account didn't occur until after the 'due date'.

In other words I paid what I owed, and as directed, well before the due date. But because the credit to my account didn't occur until after the due date, Optus has now charged me a $15 'overdue' fee. (I think.)

[Sigh...]  Regardless of why, can someone now please credit the additional $15 charge to my account, so I can pay my correct invoice?  i.e. Make my invoice $69.99 like it should be??  (Which rep do I send my details to?)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I too have just received my bill and noticed that I have been charged from "MIA Sphere Live" and "Happy Clicks" neither of which I subscribed to. Surely this is illegal? I too will be wanting that charge removed. It obviously is a scam. I did receive an SMS telling me that I subscribed, which happened simply by clicking on something on Facebook. I had the option of unsubscribing by replying with "STOP" which I did immediately. I still got charged and am quite determined to take further action. It's clear that Optus has had a number of complaints about this over a long period of time and should have dealt with the issue by now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@BeatriceW,

We do understand the concern and we've recently made a commitment to cut ties with a number of third party content providers by January 31st. For more info you can check out our blog → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-our-Premium-Services-offering/ba-p/351928.

“We’re suspending certain subscription-based Third Party Content providers on all mobile services that use the Optus network (except Virgin Mobile Australia customers)."

For the moment, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobiYou'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.

If you need us to follow up on your refund, message us back here and we'll gladly help out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Thanks for reaching out @nades101

We do understand the concern and we've recently made a commitment to cut ties with a number of third party content providers by January 31st. For more info you can check out our blog → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-our-Premium-Services-offering/ba-p/351928.

“We’re suspending certain subscription-based Third Party Content providers on all mobile services that use the Optus network (except Virgin Mobile Australia customers)."

For the moment, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobiYou'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.

I understand that you've given it a go but we'd really need you try again. If you need us to follow up on your refund, message us back here and we'll gladly help out. They are available 24/7 so maybe try in the early morning or late evening. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @FamilyMan, thanks for bringing this to our attention and apologies for the added inconvenience. I've requested the late payment fee be removed from your account so the balance should update within 3 business days.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Great, thank you. I've been waiting to go back and give "Kudos", but wanted to be sure it was 100% solved.  Oh - and so how will I know it has changed?  Will I see the new total when I login to my account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have been wrongfully charged by MIA Sphere Live & Digital Turbine as well. Who should I contact to get my refund?

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

When you hit pay bill you should see it reflected. It can take 3 business days to update. You'll also see the credit detailed on page 2 of your next invoice under credits and adjustments 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

As a Business customer, I do not regularly check every invoice, however, I have also noticed charges from a MIA Sphere Live with a service description of Womooda. Like all previous customers, I did not authorise, click on a link, nor enter into any third party. Spoke to Optus billing but he only blocked (reduced to zero) and advised of a referral & someone from MIA Sphere Live will get back to me.  This has not happened. Judging by the previous responses, this is not going to happen. I have tried contacting Optus again to no avail, how can I get this sorted, please. 

As soon as i posted this, a 1300 number aggregator rang me with MIA Sphere Live contact number: The number is 1800 191 585.Different to all the other numbers in this thread. Upon ringing, you get to speak with "Kurt" a Russian - Eastern European accented gentleman. He advised in order to get a refund to email ccau@womooda.mobi. I asked what the charges were for, ie what "apparently" did i sign up for, Kurt replied some ads or something????? & to think that Optus was in bed with these guys!  https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/MIA-Sphere-Live/td-p/174180/highlight/true/page/3.

http://digitalministry.com/AU/articles/829/MEDIA+RELEASE+MIA+wins+Optus+Mobile+Ad+Campaign+Managemen...

If i was Mark Mulder, General Manager of Content and Portals at Optus, i would be wondering if i still had a job

still waiting for confirmation of refund

0 Kudos