cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Hi it seems as if i am one of those nowmbeing scammed by this Mia Sphere live. Ive been charged twice t the cot of $20. Think it is so bad that as a company optus continues to allow this to happen. I've tried getting incontact as wellbut ive been waiting for chat support page to come up for almost an hour now. Not good business. I just want this to stop and not pay for a "service" i did not sign up for. Help would be good, thanks Optus.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just checked and ive been charged again.....whats going on...optus you are so bad with customer service....ive tried the chat support still not working after 2 hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Eddyboy, we have a number of threads on this topic. I'm sorry that you're having such a tough time getting through to live chat. Send us a PM and we'll do the following for you:

• We'll set your Premium SMS spend control limit to $0.00. This will prevent any 3rd party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • We'll  raise a dispute with the provider. You'd be looking at a resolution time frame of 3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be deposited back into your Optus account as a credit.

We'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi! I'm having the same trouble, chat is just tranferring me around, and the complaints page is throwing an error message at me (i have tried selecting each method of contact but it is not working). How do we send a PM? (Sorry I'm new to this)Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 9.10.35 am.png(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ok do i have read a lot of these posts and tge Mia Scam had been around for quite some time and it is still being paid out by optus allowing MIA,to tell optus that  there is fresh bait to rip off. 

What the F#@$% is wrong with the phone industry providers. I didnt even know tg5at a third party could charge me through optus... no idea tgis could go on.  I belived i had a contract with optus only, so why would i assume a third party  could tell optus they are charging me..WTF....i cant ring optus and discuss my own account with them unless i make them satisfied that tgey arent going to break the privacy act but a know scamming mob can weasel into my account by sending me a pop u, AND i neverr ever close a pop up. I shut the page down. How did i possibly sign up.   I dont facebook or any of that crap... Amazing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for reaching out, @Bobbbbi

Aghhhhh, that's definitely frustrating. I'm taking the above as you haven't had a chance to speak with us through the link that Dan provided above 😕 Rest assured, if you race a dispute with our Billing team, it can definitely be looked at, generally speaking, refunds are processed with 2-3 business days.

If you don't want to call our Billing team via 133937, you can definitely speak with them in real time here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Appreciate you clarifying, @aprilcleaver. If you're facing difficulties speaking with us through Live Chat, you can also reach our Billing team by calling 133937.

Alternatively, if you'd like to send us a PM, you can follow up by clicking here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have four charges of $9.08 on my latest bill, for Boxplay 2. I have no idea what this is and have never signed up for any "content". I have contacted customer support via LiveChat; the representitive lodged a complaint (I think with the "content provider") and I am supposed to wait for them to call me in the next 2 working days. I do not feel confident dealing with this company, it feels like a scam. I don't know why Optus is putting my through this, Optus is supposed to be a legitimate company, why am I having to deal with scammers?! How can I trust "MIA Sphere Live" to give me my money back, they stole my money without asking! If I was mugged, the police wouldn't send me back to the mugger for a refund.

I definitely agree with the above poster who suggested going to the telecommunications industry ombudsman. This is a scam and Optus does not seem to be doing enough to protect its customers. I wonder how many people this has happened to. It seems almost newsworthy!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

KsaxB - I got the same story but refused to buy into their run around tactic. Was either a refund, or they show me proof that I signed a contract or agreed to a agreement or I go to the ombudsman. I finally got a better response via facebook chat with optus, this way I have evidence to show the ombudsman if it comes to that. This is the final response I got from them.

*removed dropbox link*

I wouldn't bother waiting for a call from the Boxplay 2 scammers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just got off the phone. I was told that this content provider didnt have a billing system so they parntered with optus. 
Your post complaining about these charges was in SEPT 2016 more tha 1 year ago and still OPTUS is allowing them to bill their customers directly to their mobile accounts.  I have been on prepaid with Vodafone for more than 10 years without any issue. 

I only subscribed to a Sim only post paid account with optus to get the number share service for my apple watch to work. 

I signed up to a $40 per month plan unlimited plan and only gave my number to 3 people. I have a work phone and I NEVER use this phone for business or anything and only 3 people have the number.  my second month bill is $69 with $29 Fraudulent charges from MIA Sphere. and I was told the 3rd month already has $19 billed from them.  How can optus allow a 3rd party they said they have partnered with to charge their customers.  This 3rd parties website is a complete joke.   The company is located in Soth Hill Village Anguilla. https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/South+Hill+Village+AI-2640,+Anguilla/@18.1892374,-67.5749137,6z...  Which is near the Dominican Republic.  The companies website is a plain black page with an email address. http://www.mobiglobeltd.com/.  and Optus have just confimed to me that this company was not able to bill customers so they partnered with them and gave them the ability to charge their customers and 1 year after your complaint and the 100 other pages of complaints.. I signup 2 months ago to an unlimited $40 a month plan and I have been billed more money from this third party than I have by optus.  The person I spoke to from Optus had obviously handled this same problem over and over.  I cannot believe Optus allow a company like this access to bill their customers - I never agreed to have any involvement with a blantantly fraudulent company from the other side of the world and now I am told that Optus wont even clear the charges.  I am told to expect a call from their 3rd part company within 3-5 days. to resolve the issue.  Optus, how on earth can you allow this to happen and expect me to speak to the company that has stolen from me to resolve the issue. I signed up to use the Optus Mobile service not to ask a company  on a very small island near the Dominican Republic if they could give me my money back.  Seriously.. 

I just checked and I signed up to the brand new $40 month sim only plan on 21st October. On the 30th October Mia Sphere Took their first $9 and have been taking $9 a WEEK ever since.    Optus, you gave them access to your billing system - How did they get my number ?  OPTUS,  look at this company that you allow to charge us. 

Heywood House, South Hill  Anguilla
A year ago this company should have been blocked, the first complain in this thread was more than a year ago from people complaining about this company fraudulently charging their mobile accounts. I am a brand new customer that has been fraudulently charged from the first week and every week since.   you should have put a stop to this and protected your customers. 
instead, you leave it to each one of your customers to wait for a phone call from a small island n the other side of the world to resolve the issue themselves.  How can you possibly think this is ok and still not protect your customers. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors