cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Hi @FamilyMan - I've picked up your PM and will chat with you there. Please refrain from sending the same messages to several moderators. As we don't reply direct from YesCrowd, it can slow us down in replying to you and can also create double handling. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Evan505 - not good to hear of the situation. Would recommend logging into My Account here to set your spend limit to $0. Instructions on how to do this are here. You can also dispute the charges through your My Account. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA sphere live scam

I have just found the same charge on my bill today, called the number assoiated with Mia Sphere and it was on a loop and would not connect me to anyone. Optus are "too busy" to live chat or answer the phone.

Not happy at all!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

MIA Sphere Live

For the last two months I’ve been receiving charges from ‘MIA Sphere Live’ amounting to over $45 each month. 

Now that I’ve noticed the charge and done my research, it’s clear that this is a scam message service that charges $9 per text message. I haven’t signed up to any such service or provided my contact details to a third party provider. The worst part is that this same scam has been occurring for over two years and Optus has done nothing to protect its customers... My bill just says that I should call the number for the scam service to resolve. This is extremely disappointing service from Optus. You’ve lost a customer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @ShayneJel. Sorry to hear that you've had trouble getting through to someone for help with this. So we can help, please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth. Thank you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue.

No response from Optus so far.

Surely Optus could ban this service entirely?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Update: The rep basically said...

* They could (somehow) see the SIM is inserted in a modem.

* Which (in theory) meant there should have been no premium SMS charges.

* All fraudulent charges last month (invoiced) and this month (not yet invoiced) will all be credited on the next invoice.

* The "Premium service spend limit" has been set to $0.

* I won't be charged by MIA Sphere again.

* I can now pay only the usual monthly amount.

Thank you, and I hope this helps someone else. I'm glad direct debit was never setup on my account.  Otherwise the entire invoice would have been automatically debited, and I may have received a $15 'transaction rejection charge' from my bank as well (due to other bills driving the balance low this month).

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: MIA Sphere live - Happyclick

Hi @Emikate, looks like you have been subscribed to a premium service.  Could you please PM me Here your details and I'll get this sorted.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

you cna check preivous thread here how they were able to get a refund regarding Premimum services charges 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/MIA-Sphere-Live-Where-is-the-Optus-Support/m-p/338850#M46287...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Despite being assured that the MIA charges would be refunded this has not happened. OPTUS now chasing me for outstanding account.

I am so glad I did not do a diret debit agreement as I have no confidence now as to what OPTUS would be dipping into my account for.

Off to the ombudsman next.  Stay tuned.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors