cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

I am in the same situation as you. I wonder what will happen if I only pay my regular monthly payment and let the other $32 go unpaid. I am a senior and cannot afford to fork out this extra money. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

> I am in the same situation as you. I wonder what will happen if I only pay my

> regular monthly payment and let the other $32 go unpaid. I am a senior and

> cannot afford to fork out this extra money.

Optus livechat said if I only pay their part of the invoice, they consider the invoice unpaid, and we'll recieve the free 'bonus' of a late payment fee.

> My update is that this afternoon my wife got a text on her phone saying

> that the ful amount would be refunded and that it may also take up to two

> billing cycles

Unbelieveable. If someone walked up to you on the street and said, "I'll take $70 of your money every time you walk past me unless you say 'stop', you ignored them as a weirdo and walked away, but your bank manager then appears, puts his hand in your pocket, takes $70 from your wallet and gives it to the first guy... Most of us would either call the police or punch BOTH their lights out.

But we're just supposed to accept:

* Being defrauded

* Paying the thief

* Tollerate speaking to the thief to ask for OUR money back when it was Optus that took it

* Wait TWO MONTHS to receive it back...

... is completely normal!?

Did they revive the show Candid Camera and we're all on it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Oh - and I've gone back through the thread and noticed reps can take 2-3 days to answer.  So I would hold off paying until they reply.  If you read back through the last few pages, they say to send your full name, SIM phone number, and date of birth I think, via PM.  So read back a few pages to confirm I've got that right, then do the same along with me, and let's see what solution we get.

For my part, I'm not accepting any solution that requires paying first.  It's only on an unpaid invoice at the moment.  So all it takes is for someone to remove the charge from the invoice.  If it they do suggest/'require' paying first, I won't muck around with them another minute.  (By 'them', I mean Optus  not the reps. The reps do the best they can and don't deserve to be rubbished by us for Optus continuing a relationship with Mr Shonky at MIA Sphere.)

Being disabled, I have time on my hands, and I'm tired of being forced through hoops by big business that suits them, but inconveniences me.  So I'll immediately go to the TIO.  A contact from the TIO costs telcos quite a bit per complaint.  But the process is very easy for us.  I read someone did so in regards to this very same situation.  And the solution was virtually immediate (a few days).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I did the same and short paid the bill, as advised by Optus. I still kept receiving notice that my account was overdue $35.91 and that I would receive a late payment fee if this was not paid. I have now requested an extention to this payment, which is now due on the 22 Nov, I am hopping this will get rolled into my next bill and the credit is applied.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere live - Happyclick

I have also received charges today for happyclick. I have never signed up for this, inadvertently or on purpose. I always close window pop ups and have not registered for this at all. Was shocked to read that premium sms content and known scamming sites are not restricted by Optus like the banks do, and Optus passively allow this to benefit with increased profits from people being scammed!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

So Optus tells me to pay the lot, but then tells someone else to only pay their monthly fee.  What a circus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just found the same problem.  I had actually just ported out from optus as I had assumed I was getting slugged with extra data charges (I was travelling a lot for around 6 months).  I got a message from optus saying I had an outstanding bill.  When I checked the detail, there was a section at the bottom with charges from something called gamesaine2 and wineroos!  I had been getting charge about $80 a month for charges I never authorised!  I contacted Optus more than 2 weeks ago and still have heard nothing back!

WHen I spoke to the phone representative, they tried to tell me that I must have authorised the charges.  This never happened.  Reading through this forum seems to incidate that this is a scam.  How can Optus allow this to go on?!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @simonwar123, we do understand the concern here. We've recently been speaking with a number of vendors and I can assure you that measures are being put in place to increase accountability for third party content providers. We've actually cut ties with a number of different vendors. For those customers who have unknowingly subscribed to third party premium content service, we'll advise the following:

- Contact us on either live chat → http://yesopt.us/chat2us or 133937.

- Ask the consultant to set your premium content spend limit to $0.00.

- Ask the consultant to raise a dispute with the provider.

- The provider gives us a 2 business day SLA for a response.

- A refund will be credited back into your Optus account or via cheque.

- We advise you to pay the difference between the PMS charge and your regular monthly access fee. We will not penalise you whilst a dispute is in progress.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Imagine cutting ties with these scrupulous suppliers

Optus would probably get 50 % of the payments charged for collecting payments

Lets say   1,000,000 customers charged month  at $80.00 for each customer. Optus make $40.00 per client a month just for collecting the money.  Looks like $40,000,000 million a month for collection of funds.  Its would be so hard to knock back.

even if the customers were halved it would still be $20 million dollars a month ( $240 million a year)

This just shows that Optus would find it hard to close their options with these bodgy suppliers. I think Telstra have changed their options so that it cannot happen again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

No reply again today from the four Optus reps I've sent a PM to, and:

* Mike-N hasn't been online since 21 Sep

* Marie since 23 Sep

* Tano 21 Oct

* PhilC 6 Nov

I wonder if they're Optus employees or volunteers.

I'll probably email Optus billing later tonight.  (Hopefully they're not the same people as on livechat.)  Then if I haven't heard from someone by tomorrow afternoon I'll have to find a phone (grr...).  And if it's not fixed by Friday (by Optus, not by me having to talk the scammers at MIA Sphere), it will be TIO time.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors