cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Hello @Buckman & @MJ84. I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble getting this resolved. If you send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth, we'll be able to assist with investigating the charges and raising a dispute. @Buckman we'll also help with your Optus Sport charge. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: barring premium sms

I'm another who has been scammed and I know another 2 people too.  Allowing funds to be taken in stealth by an embedde 1 click process is a scam. Continuing to take the money for months from thousands of people is knowingly stealing. 

Reducing your spending limit to zero takes hundreds of clicks through multiple pages (I still haven't been able to after 20mins of trying). Yet subscribing to a hidden service of no value for a $9.90 charge per week is one embedded click. You have stolen from me Optus. Give me my money back. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus is still working with this scam company.   I have to wonder how much cut of this money is Optus taking?  

Can you please reply with how much money Optus had made by working with these scammers? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

I am another who has been scammed. $40 by xiomnia which is another front for Mia Sphere.

Happy to join in and help with a class action.  Even if I get my money back I'm happy to help if I can as I don't want to see other people get ripped off.  Besides it will cost me several hundred $$ in lost wages/hours to resolve even this far. 

No doubt this is predatory behaviour by all companies involved. We can't have this go punished. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So I sent an official complaint to the Optus Customer "Care" team after my last post and have had absolutely no response. Time to just raise it with the ombudsman.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Forget class action as the individual amounts are rather small. What I have done is urged pollies like Hanson, my MP Hastie, Xenophone, Wyatt and Georgianas to legislate double verification via opt-in/opt-out. Only Hastie MP (ex SAS) got me an apology from Telstra Manila HQ, but no legislation.

For us taxpayers it is also sad to see all that money wasted by ACORN, ACCC, ACMA, ACCAN, Scamwatch, Scamnet, etc., as they all collect scam statistics and do nothing else, no investigation. I urged them to contact scammed customers with the TIO advice and to become useful public servants that way, not just telling us not to click on SMSs. Their computers just send us an automated receipt of the complaint. Children and pensioners like myself have never heard of "Premium Services" and make mistakes with their "one-click subscription to Premium Services".

The TIO is useful and will get your money back, but those scams take too much time of her office, which is much better employed handling all the NBN complaints. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @wabbalee

The solution to stop this is to set your premium SMS spend control limit to $0.00. This will prevent any third party content provider from charging your Optus account. If you jump onto live chat →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us  the consultant can also raise a dispute with the provider on your behalf and assist you with setting your premium SMS limit to $0.

Hope this helps

M

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm also extremely disappointed that Optus has done nothing to stop this from happening even though this terrible practice has been known Optus for years.

At the very least Optus should have Premium SMS set to $0 as a default.

If you have a data only Sim plan or a shared plan for an tablet device you cannot adjust the Premium Service spend to $0 using their online Optuszoo portal as these devices can't receive the activation code you need to the enter Optuszoo in the first place!

Optus have the 18+ restriction set to "off" by default on accounts so they could easily make these changes if the truly wanted to put their end user customers first.

Shame Optus Shame

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

MouniraH, you clearly haven't been following this thread properly. Please read the discussion carefully before responding.

The solution was already provided. 

The issue is that no solution should have been necessary. Charges should not have applied in the first place without explicit authorisation from the customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA sphere live scam

Have been hit with this scam, called optus oct 15, 2017, and was told that they resolve it and I will not be charge on my bill.

Recieved bill this month and was surprised that Optus still charge me with $7.24. Was very disappointed that what support told me was not true.

I will dispute this.

Tags (1)
Top Contributors