Searching...

Mobile

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Vron

Optus will need to credit my account for the exorbitant charge of $9.99 for something I did not subscribe to!

I was also scammed by optus and harvest frenzy.  Yes optus as well because it didn't matter how many times you send through  a pm to optus, the charges continured.   Now i have this charge from MIA. It's completely unacceptable and it doesn't seem to matter to optus that probably all. of these charges have not been subscribed to by its customers considering the enormous amount of complaints.

It should not be the customers responsibility to fight these charges on a monthly basis knowing it has not been subscribed to.I shouldn't have to set my account to $0.

Not sure why accc does not get involved and investigate these unauthorised charges applied to the accounys of optus (and other telcos if applicable)

It is definitely time to move to another teco

Vron

Optus will need to credit my account for the exorbitant charge of $9.99 for something I did not subscribe to!

I was also scammed by optus and harvest frenzy.  Yes optus as well because it didn't matter how many times you send through  a pm to optus, the charges continured.   Now i have this charge from MIA. It's completely unacceptable and it doesn't seem to matter to optus that probably all. of these charges have not been subscribed to by its customers considering the enormous amount of complaints.

It should not be the customers responsibility to fight these charges on a monthly basis knowing it has not been subscribed to.I shouldn't have to set my account to $0.

Not sure why accc does not get involved and investigate these unauthorised charges applied to the accounys of optus (and other telcos if applicable)

It is definitely time to move to another teco

Mike-N

Hello Vron. You should not have any charges if your spend limit has previously been set to $0.00. If you send us a private message, we can look into this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Vron

Hi mike-N

I will private message you but it should not be the responsibility of the customer to set a spend limit to $0.00. Optus should be all over these unauthorised and unwanted subscriptions. 

sinosmurf

Like many here, I have been charged by the same company for something that I have never authorised or agreed to.  I have made my case known to Optus who is assisting in freezing subsequent similar charges and requesting for a dispute with the company.   Not sure how it is going to go. 

However, quite disturbed by the fact that this kind of shenanigan has been going on for so many years without Optus putting a stop to it.  Think of the amount of resources Optus has to commit (eg paying for staff/operator) to attend to all these complaints by users.   Also the number of peeved users.  Optus, you are not protecting yr customers.  Very disappointed.

JustinB

Hey @sinosmurf - we can definitely check up to see if there's any updates on the dispute that's been raised. If you send us a private message with your full name, number and DOB, we'll check into this and let you know ASAP.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

Buckman

Just reviewed my bill and I have the same issues as others with unauthorised billing content from MIA Sphere Live. I'm having the same issues as others trying to get through to someone at Optus who can help me. This is making my Optus experience really frustrating. I also seem to be signed up to Optus Sport which I believe I haven't authorised as I am not sports minded in the least.

What started out as a reasonable and affordable mobile service which I have only just signed up to has become a nightmare.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Alexcolrain1

So I started getting these messages about a month  ago but it was from BomBom. Thought they were scam messages phishing for phone details so ignored them.

tonight I get the following text:

FreeMsg: U've spent $30.00 or more on your subscription to BomBom charged to your mobile account. Opt-out send STOP to 19789238 HELP:1300724539

So so I googled the 1300 number and it appears it is the same number as here.

Optus, this is a scam and I have never subscribed to BomBom and now I have a $30 charge to my account. What are you going to do about these dodgy bloody operators??

MJ84

Hi,

Like others on this thread, I've recently received charges for MIA sphere content services on my bill for nearly $50. 

Can I get this removed/resolved? I'd also like to know how this has been authorised. 

Mike-N

Hello Alexcolrain1m 

I'm sorry to see that you've had issues with the content provider BomBom. If you send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth, we'll be able to help you block these type of services and also raised a complaint and request a refund. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos