Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BanMiaSphere
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Just ban this Mia Sphere company.  I've been charged $105 for their charges, wrongly assuming my daughter was going over her data usage.  I cancelled all third party subscriptions on the account back in June after waiting 2 hours at one of your Optus shops and told I will receive a full refund within 7-10 business days.  Well it's now August and I am still being charged for this dishonest service.  This is just one big headache and is clearly a rip off.  Buyer Beware!

0 Kudos
Dronec
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mia Sphere is the Optus partner since 2009, they can't ban their only partner responsible for premium content

0 Kudos
stevepiesau
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Freenet MIA Sphere and Gamesaine have fraudulently charged my account 

I am looking at for some others who would like to be compensated for their fraud and start a Classs action against the guilty party

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Sorry to hear this wasn't resolved on first contact, it definitely should of been. I will make sure your refund is provided if you send me a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Fil_Up
New Contributor
New Contributor

After checking my last few bills I noticed a Content Services charge being billed , I have contacted the Customer Support Chat helpline with varied success... Firstly I was told that I would be refunded the money that "was rightfully mine" and that I would be contacted regarding the refund (which never happened)... Secondly I was palmed off with "Its not our fault" and given a 1300 number.... I am appauled to think of OPTUS allowing this to continue and appauled with my last interaction with OPTUS Customer support...... I will make sure I relay this "Wonderfull inclusion" that OPTUS supply to all of my friends... 

0 Kudos
Vicky

@Fil_Up  -Disappointing to hear about your experience there. It's not at all what we want your experience to be like. I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this - since this post have you had a chance to chat to someone who was able to look into this for you?

Regarding content charges, I would recommend checking out our website here for more information on these service charges → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRequest&id=.... Our usual process is to place a barring on said content charges for you to avoid further charges in the future, as well as raise a case on your behalf so that the content providers can get in contact in regards to those charges. More than happy to get that followed up for you if you can send through a PM with your full name, DOB and number here → http://yesopt.us/pmvicky.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Donkeykong
New Contributor
New Contributor

Received MIA Sphere Live charges on my latest account.  Don't know where these charges have come from?  Obviously a scan after looking at forum.  Bad form optus - you should be able to scan our accounts for these charges prior to sending out our accounts.

0 Kudos
Mike-N
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Donkeykong

If you've received a charge that doesn't look right, please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth. 

0 Kudos
stevepiesau
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi DonkeyKong

I have proof that I did not subscribe and Mia Sphere (Freenet) cannot come up with proof that I did

My details were given to Mia Sphere on the day that I activated my account by Optus

The message received from Mia Sphere to subscribe was received within 4 seconds of my activation with Optus.

This gives me 4 seconds to find a site to subscribe to.

Fortunately I am only using a Mobile Data Unit and not a Phone so I have never replied.

Their contract states that you must reply but I could not reply because it was not a phone.

0 Kudos
DMT
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had a charge for $13.55 on my bill from MIA Sphere Live. When I call the Helpline on my bill I don't get connected. A scam supported by Optus it seems!  Not happy.

0 Kudos