cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor IngaHaas
Occasional Contributor

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

I was promised refund, but never got one. Been told they stopped charging me, thats all. Not good enough. I wont stay with Optus for long anymore. No good

New Contributor wrightathome
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

I have only just noticed it on my daughters account, and when I rang and was on hold, I went through previous bills.  For 5 months there has been charges deducted for thie Mia Sphere Live.   Not happy that it can be added to a bill without authorisation.  There has been no subscription, no authority, it just appeared.  Thankyou for your warning, as I will watch for it on the next months bill.  

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor AKK
Occasional Contributor

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Couldn't agree more mate.

Optus think they are being very clever with this premium subscription stuff, but I'm not laughing.

I honestly don't care what's in the contract, or what the rights of these crooks to steal our money is.

If they don't return every last cent of the money that was stolen from me, I'll finish with Optus as soon as I can, and I will never, ever use them again. And I've been a customer for over 10 years.

Is it worth it Optus??? Why don't you support your customers instead of the crooks???

New Contributor dmh_paul
New Contributor

I too have only found out that my iPad account has been fleeced over these past 4 months by Gamesaine 2/MIA Sphere. At the time, we had a couple of issues at home (NBN failure, which caused me to use my mobile data for general usage, and dad being hospitalised). At first I paid the bills, since we had gone over the data allowance in that time, I am aware of that, but now things are normal and I am still getting slugged for it!

It is only now that I looked back and saw that since March 18, we were getting hit with $9.08 per week charges. That works out to be $181.60 over these 20 weeks. I looked at setting up the premium SMS charge cap on the Optus MyAccount for the iPad, but it provides no such option. My main mobile account I checked and sorted no problem. Is there a way to enforce this on the iPad as well?

I don't know my chances of being reimbursed the above amount. But if I can get it stopped ASAP then that at least will be a blessing.

New Contributor theslydog
New Contributor

Posted by (Contributor) 20th Jul 2017, 6:08pm

Yet I just checked my latest bill and it's massive. Not a single dollar has been refunded.

False promises. False charges. Lots and lots and lots of precious time and money wasted -- mine and who knows how many other.

Shameful and pathetic.

Back to the Ombudsman I go.

Yes, I have been on the Optus chat yet again just now as the amount is not removed from my mums bill and have been told yet again that they will issue a refund. 

If the refund is not on the next bill it is off to the TIO.

Optus shold be slammed by the TIO for this Gamesaine scam.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Bestia
Occasional Contributor

All contributorse here who have been fleeced, like myself, need to simply fill in the form at the TIO :

https://www.tioonline.com.au/consumers/new/

It is easy to do and with enough complaints I would assume that it will raise a flag for the TIO. Add the Forum Post as a link to your submission. It is worth doing.

Tags (2)
New Contributor NoScamsOptus
New Contributor

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by TVPass

I am also being scammed by Optus allowing me to be charged $9.99 a month for content services i never used.  I can't get them to respond or rectify.  I will start emailing today tonight a current affair and every other news outlet to try and get attention to this rip off Optus is allowing to happen.

Previous post said it best SHAME ON YOU OPTUS FOR ALLOWING THIS SCAM, I am sure people will be shocked and stop using your service when they understand how it works!!!

Contributor Tom020
Contributor

@NoScamsOptus

Unfortunately, changing ISP/Mobile Phone Provider will likely not help at all.
This is something All mobile phone services engage in, so there is no avoiding that.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think any of them set the default on premium mobile services to being disabled.
They should all set this to being disabled by default on all accounts.
The same way they had to make other settings as disabled by default due to bill shock issues.

It baffles me that nothing has been done recently to stop this. The last time the ACCC or ACMA did anything significant about this was about 4 years ago, but obviously it still happens all the time, and the Telco's STILL refuse to take any responsibility despite being warned by the ACCC to "clean up their act", and legal action being taken regarding premium mobile services.

If you are going to change services because of this issue, I strongly recommend checking the policies of the other service provider you plan to switch to, before you switch to them.
They will likely just say "we can disable premium services on your account for you, so that never happens". but Optus can also do the same (and are legally abliged as per the telicommunications ACT) if you ask them to.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @bennya and @NoScamsOptus, looks like you have been subscribed to a premium service from a third party content provider. If you’d like to chat to us right now, you can chat with our Live Chat team here: http://yesopt.us/chat2us and we can help blocking these and also with the charges.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor R3XNebular
New Contributor

I just got scammed too. Just clicking a Facebook link showing actors that declined million dollar contracts couldve been playing their roles. The photos had the actors that could've been playing various popular roles and under it has a button saying "continue" then on the fifth page it has "confirm". Now how many unsuspecting people would've clicked confirm like me without seeing the tiny tiny text at the bottom advising that you'll be charged 6.99. Extremely deceptive practice. Very angry.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors