Searching...

Mobile

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

prodos

@IngaHaas

It would be helpful if you could let us fellow Optus Victims know of your progress -- or lack of -- regarding this matter.

Thanks.

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Phillip92

@prodos

Thanks for the reply and help. This has started since 27th May 20117 up till now. I receive the prizesaints messages weekly thinking it was just spam and I ignored them. Didn't really realise that I was getting charged till I checked my bills.

Tom020

@prodos yes there is one I can link to.

This is the article the Accc wrote while investigating these sms services a long time ago.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/Mobile%2...

Otherwise for other documentation from court archives you could either request documentation on any proceedings which involve premium sms services.

Or you can try your luck looking for court documents archived online.

AKK

Absolutely couldn't agree more - call the police.

This is the part that Optus don't seem to understand. 

$40 has been STOLEN by CRIMINALS.

If my money is not returned, I'll be filing a police report.

Let's see you refer that to your useless internal investigation team Optus.

Re: MIA Sphere Live

stevepiesau

After  a long hunt I finally found the web site for Freenet  Gamesaine and MIA Sphere the conditions and contact is at the link 

http://gb.gamesaine.com/

Their email address is  gb-gamesaine@mobile-help.org

I have sent an email requesting details of when and how I subscribed    , I have no idea but it has cost me a lot of time trying to  fix my Optus account

I have also contacted TIO   the ombudsman who are helping with the process  www.tio.com.au

I hope this helps some people

stevepiesau

Hi I have contacted  www.tio.com.au  ombudsman  they have replied and contacted Optus to fix the problem

Then I received an email telling me to contact DT Turbo  from a scam looking email asking me to call them

Contact TIO and fill in the form on line

Deb1312

I have also discovered these changes on my account last month and two in the last week. Spoke to Optus and they have blocked my account so no.more can come through. Told me to ring the company for a refund but after pushing the option to speak to someone the recorded message said " thank you. You can now hang up. This us just so illegal I can't believe Optus let this happen. I will be changing providers when my contract expires which is a shame as I gave been an Optus customer for about 10 years. These thrives have stolen approximately $38 from me in two weeks 

Tarsha

I logged online and changed the limit for premium sms to zero.  I tried to lodge a complaint form online but it didnt work so contacted optus. They lodged a complaint on my behalf, they creditted me the lost money and I recieved a phonecall from the scammers saying contact optus. I gave them a mouth full about signing people up against their wishes and without authorisation. The lady was rude and admitted it's just how they do business. 

At least optus was helpful, did it all on the online chat feature while at work. 

Shauna

Hi @Deb1312 - Can you please send us a private message, with your account details, full name and DOB? Sorry you've had to follow this up again. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Phillip92

Has anyone actually received a refund from emailing their bill to claims@1300support.com and ticket number? Feel abit unsafe sending my bill with personal details on it to a third party that is scamming us. Might need to just take this to the TIO.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
136 Kudos
119 Kudos
81 Kudos
78 Kudos
47 Kudos