Searching...

Mobile

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

bennya

Yes, imagine how many disabled and old people would have been taken advantage of by Optus and this scam that's running. It would be shocking.

Highlighted

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Bestia

If you have the transcript of your chat or some evidence of the interaction you have with Optus, send your complaint to the Telecom Industry Ombudsman.

http://www.tio.com.au/

And even if you do not have these records, you should connect with them. Keep in mind your mileage will vary, since you can get the mindless and officious through to the intelligent and helpful.

It will take some time, but the threat of fines-per-complaint usually makes telcos act quick smart. Rather than dilute, soft-bat, talk to a script-reading sales upseller somewhere in the world - talk to rhe TIO, get everyone else to talk to the TIO. Send them this forum thread link.

bennya

Ha Ha, an "organisated dance of denial", wow isn;t that the trusth. These moderators just say the sam ehting over and over again, and mention sound bites like " escalate the compalint", and "PM me to send me your details so we can look into it", lots of sound bites to try and look like they are doing osmething but nothing ever happens about geting rid of the charges let alone the SCAM OPTUS ARE PULLING ON AUSSIE FAMILIES".

Aussie Rob mate how much have Optus stolen from you and which service do they "allege", that you signed upfor?

Benny

Aman_B

Sorry for the experience here @bennya. I know you may have already discussed this but just to reconfirm did you submit your details in a PM to us? It's just that these charges and usage is certainly not from Optus. A premium SMS is a third party and Optus is in no way a part of this. The only reason you are charged by Optus is because your mobile service is from Optus. Feel free to PM us → http://yesopt.us/pmaman and I can investigate this for you.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Tom020

@Aman_B that is either an outright lie or you are seriously mislead.

Telcos play a major role and hold majority responsibility for these types of charges. That has already been established by the ACCC through the courts in the past.

This is why you Optus are required to have a legal presence in Australia and these fraudulent scammers are not.

Here's why you (Optus) are directly responsible for the charges:

1. Optus receives a share of the revenue from the sale of this type of third party content.

2. There are 3 parties (not just 2) involved here, and the telco acts as far more than just a payment system for this content.

3. The only contract the customer has, is to you optus.

Clicking a misleading link which told the customer they won something when they didn't, does not generate a legally binding contract.

4. You are not a bank, you are not a credit card service and you cannot claim to have nothing to do with a third party as if you are just a payment service like a credit card provider.

You ARE a service provider, and you ARE directly involved in the charges including from the delivery, to profit from these charges.

Don't lie to us.

We arent stupid.

Mai2010

I am very interested in your comment Marie.  Could you explain why I had charges on dates that I was out of the country and did not use my sim? Will it still work even if the sim is inside an envelope stored in a luggage?

Aman_B

Hi @Mai2010, yes that can happen. Basically it depends on the content provider as they may still charge even if you don't receive the service. Feel free to PM us here → http://yesopt.us/pmaman and I can help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Mai2010

I have made contact today with Optus regarding a charge by MobiPlays2, obviously same company as Bennys problem. I was told that someone will contact me and i should also call 1300724406 for refund. Upon reading this thread, i don't think calling that number will do anything. I was charged for 2 months already totalling to $64...

Mai2010

And I did not subscribe to this content. No way I would give my details on facebook! I was with Vodafone for 5 years and never encountered this problem. Less than a year with Optus and BAM! I got scammed!

Aman_B

Hi @Mai2010, looks like the charge and usage has been referred to the content provider. This means you'll be contacted by the premium SMS provider. They will discuss the usage and your charges as well. You don't have to call. Please let us know if you want me to check this.  Feel free to PM me here → http://yesopt.us/pmaman .

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
125 Kudos
96 Kudos
95 Kudos
75 Kudos