Searching...

Mobile

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Aman_B

Hey @Tom020, can understand your frustrations with this. The charges are coming directly from the content provider but because  the mobile is being billed by Optus the charges are on Optus bill. Please let us know if you'be been  billed for this as well and we can escalate this with the content provider. Please chat with our customer care here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us and we can help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

prodos

Aman_B, replying to @Tom020 -- and for some mysterious reason, ignoring all the other customers who have exactly the same problem -- having also been scammed by being charged BY OPTUS for a service that they DID NOT consent to, writes:

"I can understand your frustrations with this."

I really doubt that.

"The charges are coming directly from the content provider but because the mobile is being billed by Optus the charges are on Optus bill."

If that is the case, then if the so-called "content provider" portion of the bill is not paid, and only the portion which is the Optus service is paid, Optus should have no problem with that.

Correct?

Please confirm that this is so.

Aman_B

Hi @prodos, certainly not the case. I can see Meg has been helping you with your enquiry as a private message and we'll get to all the posts for sure. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

prodos

Aman_B replies to me:

"certainly not the case."

What's not the case?

You"The charges are coming directly from the content provider but because the mobile is being billed by Optus the charges are on Optus bill."

Me: "If that is the case, then if the so-called "content provider" portion of the bill is not paid, and only the portion which is the Optus service is paid, Optus should have no problem with that. Correct? Please confirm that this is so."

Please answer that question -- for the benefit of EVERYONE who is having this problem, caused by Optus.

You also wrote: "I can see Meg has been helping you with your enquiry as a private message ...."

Do you know how many Optus "support" people have SAID and have PROMISED such "help"?

I've got records of all of them except one.

One of them even gave me his customer ID number to assure me he'd be getting back to me within a day or two.

Did he keep his promise? No. Nothing. Not even a note to say "Hey, Prodos, I'm still working on it."

Has ANYONE on this forum thread had their issue resolved?

We all have the exact same issue. The exact same complaint. For the exact same reasons, caused by the exact same company: Optus.

Give us back our money.

And when a customer asks a specific question as I have done (above) for the second time, I think you should answer it instead of getting defensive. Why aggravate the customer even more?

You said you understood the frustration of the customer. If you really did, if those words were not mere empty words, you would have answered my question -- or at least tried.

Instead you reply in a manner that makes a bad situation even worse.

Aman_B

Hey @prodos, your Optus bill has to be paid in full because the charges are on the bill. As per my PM we have already escalated your usage and charges with the content provider. Please keep your  posts to the one thread so we can fully be across your enquiry. 

Bestia

It might be premature, but it appears my conversation with Optus succeeded. 

I just received an SMS showing a credit for the monies stolen by Gamesaine. The amount of 'my account' looks to have been credited, even though the downloadable PDF does not agree.  

Unlike our first chat with Optus that went nowhere, our second was with an Optus employee by the name of Emjhay - employee number CP475719. He seemd to want to help - and apparently did. Further, he mentioned Optus was aware of the issue and had a process in place. I have a transcript of the chat - here is the relevant bit :

===

You • 10:13 PM
Anyhow, I'll wait till the end of the week. If there is no credit and no confirmation this dreaded "GAimesaine" have gone, I will just have to end the business relationship.
Emjhay • 10:14 PM
Indeed, Optus has been aware of these, reason why we now have a process in place.
You • 10:14 PM

===

I feel your pain. And certainly I have wasted more time on this issue than is worth it. Persist up to a point and then maybe move on. I was prepared to lose some money and have nothing to do with a company that allows others to pilfer from our account. 

If I see another Gamesaine, Prizesaint etc charges, I will terminate all accounts with Optus. For now, it appears Optus help ( second time around ) acutally helped. 

Toomey

Glad your funds have been returned @Bestia.

We've had some great news about these issues this week. Using feedback provided by my team, Optus have suspended 20 content service providers that we have been getting complaints about. They have also added easier options to raise disputes online and over the phone for anyone affected. 

Hopefully this will continue until these problems are no longer of concern.

Highlighted

prodos

Aman_B writes

"... your Optus bill has to be paid in full because the charges are on the bill."

In other words Optus is not willing to put its money where its mouth is.

Optus is not willing to side with the customer.

Optus prefers to disadvantage its own customers rather than disadvantage itself -- even though the customer has done NOTHING wrong and Optus has done EVERYTHING wrong and has PROFITED from this wrong!

What other business insists you pay for something you didn't order while at the same time acknowledging that you didn't order it?

What other business punishes customers for its own shortcomings?

I really doubt this would stand up in a court of law. In fact I think a judge would find this totally unethical and exploitative.

1. Optus KNOWS and has acknowledged that these so-called "content provider"/"third party" charges are a problem. Big problem!

2. Optus should immediately de-link legitimate Optus fees from these (let's call them) "disputed" fees.

3. If these bogus extra charges turn out to be legitimate and the customer really did consent to them, Optus can then insist on them being paid. But the onus of proving consent should be placed on the so-called "content provider".

4. If, as is actually the case, these bogus fees are shown to be wrongfully charged, the so-called "content providers" can be pursued by Optus and the federal police.

5. Optus should conduct a thorough investigation into all "third party" charges and contact all its customers, asking them to double-check whether or not they have been wrongfully charged fees that they in fact had never consented to. And, of course, Optus should proceed to rectify the problem.

6. Optus should contact all customers and explain carefully what it has done, what it has changed in its procedures, to ensure that this problem does not happen again. De-coupling standard billing from this "content provider" stuff, and applying NORMAL standards of verifying consent would need to be part of the solution.

7. Optus needs to make transparent to the public how it set up the deal with these so-called "content providers" and who, within Optus, was responsible for doing so. And what income Optus has derived from this arrangement.

None of the above suggetions are weird or shocking, are they?

None of them ask for anything other than decent, ethical, responsible business practices, do they?

If all the above was done, Optus would demonstrate that it really does want to do the right thing, and is seeking to earn back the confidence of its customers.

If I'm wrong, tell me. I won't mind.

prodos

Bestia, thanks for the update and for your thoughts and advice.

Like you, some of us fellow Optus Victims have wasted so much time on all this nonsense.

Really, the mere refund of wrongfully taken money does not quite solve the problem.

Optus should also offer some sort of "apology" gift to try and restore trust and good will.

For instance, 6 months of free Optus service, or something like that. 

[ Edited ]
prodos

Toomey wrote:

... Optus have suspended 20 content service providers that we have been getting complaints about.

Twenty so-called "content service providers"?! OMG! I dread to think how much total money has been swindled!

I just wonder how many Optus customers haven't even realised they've been ripped off? 

For instance, migrants or older people or handicapped people.

Question: Has the police gotten involved in investigating these so-called "content service providers"?

Recommendation: I suggest that all fees to all customers who have used these twenty suspended so-called "content service providers" be refunded.

... They have also added easier options to raise disputes online and over the phone for anyone affected.

Can you please detail what these newly added options are? Or point us to a page that outlines them?

Thanks.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
108 Kudos
103 Kudos
84 Kudos
78 Kudos
43 Kudos