Searching...

Mobile

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Ausierob

@prodos, yes you are quite right. I have done a reasonable amount of research into this. Optus is fully aware of the company they are dealing with as it was Optus that appointed them to provide services. Optus has made repeated claims that they have nothing to do with these companies (the ones they appointed and is on public record) and that this works just like a credit card service. As we all know using your credit online you the customer have to provide a number of details to the vendor (name, address, Card number, CVV, etc), which are validated prior to the transaction proceeding. In this SCAM, that only works because Optus allows it.  the customer does not provide any details, OPTUS provides Your account Information to these companies directly, and allows the companies (again appointed by Optus) to put inexplicably high charges for a service that provides nothing based on a statement from these fraudster that their dope of a customer agreed to this and when. The froudster is not required to provide proof (such as the double opt-in requirement stipulated and the "self regulating" communications group).  

Optus is well aware of all of this, but instructed their staff (such as the moderators here) to communicate in the "its nothing to do with Optus" (a lie), "we are doing everything we can to help" (a lie), etc. While  continuing to allow these organisations to operate regardless of the quality of complaints raised against them. Unlike other Scams that Optus would block immediately this Scam puts free money in their pockets, lots of free money.

I contact the help service regularly, they waste my time, I see it only fair I return the service. I find it interesting to be informed that one of the services I requested (which I didn't )  was called PrisesaintsOptus, this was previously call Prisesaints? 

For or those that may not understand this scam only work if you are using your mobile (phone etc) internet. These scam don't work on normal internet feeds, as its is only on your Optus Mobile internet that the fraudulent company is given access to your details allowing them to bill you against your Optus account. 

PLEASE: EVERYONE THAT SEE THESE MESSAGES, USE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Twitter, etc) TO SPREAD THE WORD OF WHAT OPTUS (and the others) IS DOING.  THIS IS OUR POWER FOR CHANGE. ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN SCAMMED, PLEASE RAISE A COMPLAINT TO THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY OMBUDSMAN (http://www.tio.com.au/). This can be done easily online. 

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Bestia

Benny, 

I am in the same boat. I have a business account with Optus. My wife and I don't play games, subscribe to trivia etc

A couple of months ago we picked up the same fraudulent charges from 'Gamesaine'. My wife connected with Optus through the help chat interface and apparently was told they would be barred from billing our account. Next month same charges from 'special sms content' - Gamesaine. Another 4 line items of about $9 each, or around $36 per invoice.

I connected with Optus and demanded that these fraudsters be banned from charging my account and that all previous charges be  credited. We were going down the 'let me check, ...will investigate, someonefrom the team will call you ' route - which is what happened to my wife.  So, I said I will close all my accounts down ( 2 mobiles and wireless broadband ) if I did not see a credit in 5 days. And if I saw any more 'special SMS ' charges from any provider I would still shut all accounts. I will do this.

That said, in that chat session I was assured of a 'refund within 48 hours' and that the account would bar any charges from Gaimesaine et al. The Optus employ gave me his employee number. I kep a transcript. We'll see what happens. The point I am making Benny is that the words, 'I will close my account' seemed to change the direction of the chat, and 'investigation' becamse instant 'you will be refunded'.

If the charges occur on the next invoice, I will have lost the same amount as you and Optus will have lost a customer. 

VERY frustrating that Optus would allow dodgy companies to exploit some poor authorisation process they have in place, that permits fraudsters to channel charges into an invoice served by them. Pick your game up Optus and put a process in place to stop this.

Miles_R

Hey there, @Ausierob and @Bestia. So sorry to hear that you've both received these unwanted charges. I can appreciate the concern surrounding this but more than happy to look into this for you if you'd like to PM us here with your service number, full name and DOB. We can investigate this further for you on our end to see what's going on for you. Please let us know if we can assist.

prodos

I''ve been assured by Optus support at least 4 times that these fraudulent charges would be taken care of.

Yet I just checked my latest bill and it's massive. Not a single dollar has been refunded.

False promises. False charges. Lots and lots and lots of precious time and money wasted -- mine and who knows how many other.

Shameful and pathetic.

Back to the Ombudsman I go.

Meg

Hey Prodos, usually it would take  1 - 2 bills depending on when your bill is issued for the content provider to credit back challenged charges. I can check this for you if you'd like to send me your service details and date of birth for privacy.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
prodos

Meg,

I've sent you my information.

Give me back my money.

Regards,

Prodos

Meg

Thanks prodos, I'll reply there. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
Tom020

Why do they need to wait for "challenged charges" to be credited back by the provider??

YOU (Optus) charged the customer directly, and only YOU have a valid legally binding contract with the customer.

The customer does not have a legally binding contract to the provider you speak of.

You know damn well they much more likely put the customer onto their list of victims through misleading means which the ACCC and department of fair trade much agree on this subject.

Why put the customer through such a painfully long process when they have been scammed and you know it?

[ Edited ]
prodos

Tom020,

Exactly!

1. Optus has been profiting from these fraudulent charges. 

2. Optus support staff are PAID to attend to customer issues.

3. We pay you, OPTUS, for what WE want. Not for what YOU want to foist upon us. 

4. Optus is clearly placing the interests of these "third party" "providers" (who provide nothing we want) above the interests of their own customers!

5. Those complaining on this forum about being swindled are not morons.

If a system does not pass the "normal person" test it needs to be shut down. Immediately.

I just received a private message from Optus support staff "assuring" me that these fees are being "challenged".

What rot.

Give me back my money, Optus.

And stop conning us!!

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
prodos

@Ausieroband @Bestia 

Please let us fellow Optus victims know whether or not you get your improperly billed money returned.

Do not accept "assurances". Get proof. And get your money.

I've been getting passed around from one support staff to the next, each one making promises. 

So far NONE of them have come through.

Either we are all morons or nutcases who can't tell when we are or are not "consenting" to being charged for something we have no idea about and will never use, or Optus is giving us all the sweet run-around.

Optus: How serious are you about fixing the ROOT CAUSE?

Not just the problems, presented by the few people on this forum (very likely just the tip of the iceberg) but that which CAUSED this problem for us -- and many, many others?

Are you serious, Optus?

Prove you're serious. Because I dread to think how many people are being charged for things they don't want AND CAN'T AFFORD!! while Optus continues to get paid its regular service fees PLUS the fees from these third party fraudsters with whom they've done a deal!!

Are you serious about fixing this, Optus?

Best Wishes,

Prodos

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos