Searching...

Mobile

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

Casey_

Hey @Chenglin, as the charges are from a third party Optus cannot refund the charges however we can most certainly raise a complaint with the content provider. The content provider has 2 business days to give you a call and discuss reversing the charges. There should be a process where you've agreed to terms and conditions before any charges occur, so if this cannot be verified then the charges should be refunded. If you would like us to raise a complaint for you, please send us a PM here with your mobile number, full name and DOB. 

Re: MIA Sphere Live

JonL123

Dronec, was your refund automatically credited back to you, or did you have to wait until your next bill for confirmation?

Dronec

It's been immediately credited back to my account, so my bill reduced accordingly

Shaun76

I too have these charges. Approximately 2 years ago I had the same thing happen to me, and I was told I can block premium content. I found out how to do it, and it seems as though you have a sliding scale to nominate the amount you will be allowed to spend per month. It seems Optus have it automatically set at $200. So, I moved the sliding scale to $0 as I never use this content (whatever it is). Apparently it can happen when you click on websites and you don't even know you are accepting it (very dodgy and perhaps illegal). You can imagine my surprise when I saw 5 charges of $9.09 (totalling $45.45) on my bill. So tell me this Optus, how can this be when I have blocked premium content from my account? 

I have raised this this with customer service today as a complain. By the way, I won't be paying the charges, I can send you a screen shot of when I blocked premium content. The issues is from your end, and if this isn't credited immediately back to my account, I will raise a complaint with the Telecommunications Ombudsman. 

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

bennya

Miles,

Mate you know as well as I do that there is a huge difference between not limiting customers access to any service they choose to what happened to me which is that Optus and a compnay they are in Cahoots with pulling a scam on me and trying to tell me and many many other Optus cusotmers that we joine dup to some crappy service and then got $110.00 phone bill charges for a month.

Optus knows excatly what it's doing and this whole thing of  feigning ignorance is just disingenious of Optus. Miles I have done the PM thing with lots of moderators an dnothing ever happens. Allegedly the charges are being disputed but I still have not had my phone bill credited for the $110 that Optus and their partner MIA Sphere stole from me yet.

All moderators said the same thing, yes PM me and we will look into it and then they disappear and nothing happens.

Optus is just a big company, which has no ethics or morals in my opinion and is in chaoots with these comapnies that take from the average Australian family via ficticous sign ups and surprise billing on customers accounts.

AS I SAID WHEN I ASKED THE THIRD PARTY SCAMMERS MIA SPEHERE AND OPTUS NO ONE COULD PRODUCE ANY PAPERWORK FOR THE ALLEGED SIGN UP OF SERVICES AS THERE WAS ONE, JUST READ THE POSTS AND OPTUS HAS DONE THIS TO OTHER AUSSIE FAMILIES AS WELL.

Casey_

Hey @bennya, we haven't received any PM's from you as of yet. Can you please try using this link - http://yesopt.us/pmcasey so we can look into this for you. 

Highlighted

theslydog

This Gamesaine 2 thing happened to my mum this last few weeks (was up to $50) and was somehow added to her shared data only sim. So no mobile calls on the number ever.

There was a charge every week at the exact same time on a Friday night at 7.44 for calling a help line.

Date Time Number Service Description Supplier Type S/R Helpline Amount

07 Jul 07:44pm Gamesaine 2 MIA Sphere Live P/O 1300724406 9.08

I had to ring up and cancel it and get a refund for her.

What a scam.

I wonder how many people are beinng ripped off without even realising it?

prodos

I've also been receiving message from the Prizesaint scam artists.

Today these scammers messaged me saying I've been charged for a monthly subscription.

I never agreed to any subscription. Why would I? I don't even know who these clowns are or what they offer.

This is outright fraud and theft, and Optus seems to be complicit in it.

Clubby

I Too have just noticed this charge on my wifes phone .... I set the premium spend limit to $0 but still they are there.

Shaun76

Well, they have been somewhat helpful, but have palmed the complaint off to the supplier. From what I can gather, the supplier is less than willing to refund the money. They have pretty much scammed me and apparently it's my fault. I have put my premium spend limit to $0 two years ago. I guess that if I get no resolution from either of them by the end of the week it will have to be referrred to the Ombudsman. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
135 Kudos
118 Kudos
97 Kudos
95 Kudos
75 Kudos