Searching...

Mobile

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

van1ir

24 hours and still can't get in contact with MIA Sphere (Gamesaine 2).

No update from Optus either. 

Will not be paying this bill until the charges are waived. 

Re: How do I get a refund from being scammed by this Optus Gamesaine 2 and Prizesaint? What are they

bennya

VAN1ir  did you get scammed by Optus -MIA Spehere - Gamesaine-Prizesaints, trick and get money stolen by puttijng money on your phone bill?

It's amazing that Optus have are part of this, and the most incredible part is that when you ask them to show you the paperwork digital or otherwise they just ignore you as there is no paperwork generated at all for them to get access your personal details and star billing you. The scam is very clever like that and OPTUS WILL EVEN ACCUSE YOU OF SIGNING UP AS A MEMBER TO THESE services ha ha.  They love saying that you joined up and trying to blame you. Ha Ha but again when you say hey well show me the paperwork they go Silent.

They are obtaining money by deception that's for sure. Just ask AussieRob on the forum.

Marie

Hey @van1ir, You're most welcome to PM through your details and we'd be happy to take a look at what's happening with your charges.

Sorry @bennya are you able to recall who at Optus advised you that you'd signed up for these services after you'd advised that you hadn't? We can certainly pass feedback on about this as that shouldn't have been the experience that you've had. You're welcome to PM me directly about this if you like.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

bennya

Pretty much everyone I spoke to at Optus, took the approach and line that us. I.E  the consumer had signed up for these sevices etc.

At the end of the day OPTUS in my opinion is in "cahoots",  with the  MIA Sphere and these Gamesaine and Prizesaine people as well which is very clear as it's happened to lots of OPTUS customers that have gotten in touch on this forum asking what is going on and also why have they had these funny services added to their bill etc? Any ideas why? as none of us even knew who the comanies were that were billing us not what services they offered? Now that's weird, especially considering they were adding large amounts of money to out bill.

It's a scam to get money that Optus is involved in in my opinion and Optus try and legitimise it by talking and talking but at the end of the day we as consumers are not stupid and know that we never sigend up for these services and regardless we all asked many, many times to show us the digital or physical paperwork for thge sign up and Optus and the FACELESS 1300 SUPPORT  3rd party the scammers use to respond all go silent when we all ask for paperwork to prove the sign up. No one can prodcue it.

As soon as I am out of contract I will cut my Optus account and move to another provider as this whole thing has just shown me how dishonest Optus has been in having my account billed for $110.00 and not even being able to produce any PROPER documenation to show me as the customer my '' alleged purchase. OPTUS CAN'T SHOW ME  MY ALLEGED PURHASE AND THAT'S BECAUSE I NEVER MADE THE PURCHASE with these companies nor with OPTUS and never,have I played any mobile phone games or Trivia things on my mobile phone either.
|
OPTUS JUST ABSUED MY TRUST AND SOMEHOW  LET A THRD PARTY  GET ACCESS TO MY MOBILE PHONE ACCOUNT & PERSONAL DETAILS AND ALLOWED SOME FACELESS ENTITY TO STICK $110.00 ON THE BACK OF THE BILL THAT OUR FMAILY CAN'T AFFORD. THEN TRIED TO SAY THAT WE ALLOWED THE FACELESS ENTITY TO DO THIS BY SIGNING UP TO SOME GAMING SUBSCRIPTION?? WELL WHERE IS THE SIGN UP PROOF FOR US ALL?  

PERHAPS OPTUS COULD DO THE RIGHT THING AND REFUND OUR FAMILY THE $110 THAT YOU LET SOME FACELESS SCAMMING ENTITY PUT ON OUR BILL SO YOU COULD MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY OUT OF YOUR CUSTOMERS

NOT COOL OPTUS !!!! THAT YOU DID THIS, AND NOT COOL THAT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE TRIED TO TELL ME AND THE OTHER OPTUS USERS IT HAPPENED TO ALSO THAT THEY SIGNED UP AS WELL.

WE ALL CALLED UP ASKING WHAT ARE THESE CHARGES ETC AND NO ONE KNEW ANYTHNG ABOUT THESE FUNNY "ALLEGED", SERVICES THAT WE APPARANTLY ALL SIGNED UP FOR. HA HA

THE SERVICES ON MY BILL WERE USED WHEN I WAS SLEEPING ACORDING TO THE PHONE BILL. NOW THAT REALLY AMAZING THAT I PLAYE DMOBILE PHONE GAMES AND TRIVAI IN MY SLEEP.

ANYWAY HOPEFULLY OPTUS CAN DO THE ETHICAL AND RIGHT THING AND STOP THIS TYPE OF DODGY PRACTISE AND CAN ALSO REFUND THE MONEY THAT WAS STOLEN FROM OUR FAMILY PLEASE.

DO THE RIGHT THING OPTUS....

Highlighted

Marie

As we've mentioned in the past @bennya we'll certainly pass your feedback on.

The details we have access to from any Third party provider show the date and time the charges were incurred and a brief description of the charges or service provided. 

We can see if a message was either sent or received by the customer to the provider.

We do take these disputes seriously and have teams liaising with third party providers when we have an increase in customer disputes.

We can't see where or how you subscribed to the service, we can only see that the provider has charged a customer.

If in this case you didn't agree to be charged or hadn't requested the service we'll certainly dispute the charges with the provider for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: MIA Sphere Live

JordanOptus

Hey zl, you can read more here on premium content services and how they work.

If you never authorised the charges, we can dispute them with the content provider. Just come through our Customer Care chat when you get a chance.

Cheers,

Jordan

bennya

Yeah, please can you not change me for the scam and dispute the charges as you blokes at OPTUS have allowed the scammers like MIA SPHEER AND GAMESAINE AND PRIZESAINE to get access to OPTUS CUSTOMERS ACCOUNTS VIA YOUR PLATFORM and bill us all for things we don;t knwo what they are and we all never joined up to.

You know, I know & you know that I know your lnow that Optus has a dirty hand in these " faceless billings", so how about just taking responsoibility for your actions and just stop this type of scamming of the customer. I mean fair crack of the whip, OPTUS CUSTOMERS ARE ALL CALLING UP AND WRITING TO YOU ASKING WHATS GOING ON ETC?

You blokes at OPTUS know all too well what thge same or trick is so please just stop doing it and give people a fair go an earn a buck with integrity and not with Faceless overseas companies adding thngs onto Australian Families phone bills when we striggle enough as it is to pay rent, food, electricity and for the kids so OPTUS SCAMING AUSSIE FAMILIES LIKE THIS IS JUST NOT ON AND UNETHICAL. IT'S UN AUSTRALIAN THIS TYPE OF PRACTISE THAT OPTUS HAVE IMPLEMENTED ON AUSTRALIAN FAMILIES AND UNDER HANDED. 

Anyway hopefully Optus can learn from this that it's NOT OKAY TO RIP OFF AUSTRALIAN FMAILIES THROUGH THESE FACELESS MOBILE PHONE BLLLING WITH MIA SPEHEER AND GAMESAINE ETC

THANKS FOR LISTENING AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME.

CHEERS

Miles_R

Really not the type of experience that we'd like you to have, @bennya so I'm sorry that you've had to go through this. While I can understand that you may be frustrated receiving these types of charges, we do try to give customers full access to their phones capabilities and don't limit any services at activation. We are more than happy to look into this for you on our end if you'd like to send through your details. I'd suggest sending through your service number, full name and DOB via PM here so that we can investigate. Please let us know if we can help any further.

Chenglin

I got the same content service charge, Including provider from Mobile Affiliates, MIA Sphere Live, and Gameloft.

They totally charged me more than 197AUD since 2013, however I never approved or signed any payment authorities for these content services.

The Optus customer representative reply me that they could do nothing but block after complaint from me.

And I couldn't get refund from Optus.

It's truly scam, and I think that Optus should take full responsibility for the scam activity.

SHAME ON OPTUS! 

JonL123

The exact same thing has happened to me with MIA Sphere charging without any authorisation. This seems to be an ongoing issue and it concerns me on how many people have been scammed without knowing it. I spoke to an Optus rep on live chat today and was told to pay my bill less the charges while they look into the complain.

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/optus-and-telstras-billing-scams-hit-customers-in-droves/

www.heraldsun.com.au/news/.../aba000d3db8ffcf9636b103ea75cbf61

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gadgets/mobile-phones/telstra-customers-fuming-after-being-caught-...

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
75 Kudos
62 Kudos
54 Kudos
49 Kudos