Searching...

Mobile

Re: Pink tube MIA Sphere live

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

You need to turn the premium service facility to off or zero to avoid these charges. The link below explains how to do that however you may be best to speak with support about the charges you have already incurred and get them to set the spend limit to zero while you are at it. The first link below explains the premium services and the second link is the live chat support.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-services-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRe...

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Shery

I have charges on my account from MIA Sphere Live (what ever that it) of $12.86 . I have not requested these charges and do not know what they are for??? I also have other charges from Ansible, Digital Turbine 10, Digital Turbine 4 and MIA International. All totaling $13.82. Why have OPtus allowed these people to charge me and where is the information about their service??? NOt happy Optus.

Angel123

I have also been charged for this "service" which I was not aware of - criminals and scammers make me sick.  Optus it is very difficult to "speak"to a person with any query - I have just spend over an hour to try and find out what these charges are - needless to say still not "spoken" to anyone just keep holding on.  Now sent an sms blocking - in the meantime we are all prejudiced by scammer and no support form Optus

[ Edited ]
Dronec

You're asking how? Very easily Smiley Happy

http://digitalministry.com/AU/articles/829/MEDIA+RELEASE+MIA+wins+Optus+Mobile+Ad+Campaign+Managemen...

Optus and MIA are partners since 2009.

I've also been stung by this scam, but Optus representative promised that everything will be refunded within 48 hours (of course I've got a recording of our conversation).

Meanwhile, I've done some research about that company:

Address: Level 2, 221 Miller Street North Sydney NSW 2060
Phone: +61.2 9925 8888, +61.2 9925 8800
Emails:
netops@digitalturbine.com
help@dcbsupport.com

Dronec

First of all, MIA and Optus are partners since 2009, that's how they can charge you guys so easily:

http://digitalministry.com/AU/articles/829/MEDIA+RELEASE+MIA+wins+Optus+Mobile+Ad+Campaign+Managemen...

I've been stung by this scam myself, but the Optus representative promised to refund every cent within 48h, so we'll se how it goes.

Meanwhile, here are the details of that company:

Address: Level 2, 221 Miller Street North Sydney NSW 2060
Phone: +61.2 9925 8888, +61.2 9925 8800
Emails:
netops@digitalturbine.com
help@dcbsupport.com

AlexRH

Hey @Shery, sorry to hear that this happened Smiley Sad Please PM me with your mobile number, full name and DOB - we'd be more than happy to take a look at this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Pink tube MIA Sphere live

wendy3060

I've done the premium option to 0 I'll chat about charges 

when I've recovered from surgery 

i google it and it came up as gumtree so it is a scam 

thanks

Jazk

I have been charged without my consent.. How is this possible?

This is absolutely a SCAM. Really can't describe it otherwise. 

I had to spend 1 hour searching online to get me this far.

Imagine older/senior citizens. How can they act on this scam? 

MOD, where/how can i get a refund? 

Highlighted

Dronec

Hi Jazk,

I'm not a mod, but I can at least tell you what I did:

1. Contact Optus (via phone or live chat) and make a complaint about that. Request a complaint reference number and keep it handy. In my case they promised to refund everything within 48h that expire today;

2. An Optus representative may offer you to call 1300 bla bla, but don't waste your time. First of all, you've got a contract with Optus, not with those scammers and second, there's no one on that phone. If you want, you can call directly to the MIA office by the phone from my previous post. Tell them you want full refund and unsubscribe. They may give you another 1300 bla bla, because "it's not us charging you, but content provider", but it's just another piece of bs. There's no one on that number either.

3. An arrogant young man may call you soon after that, don't give him any of your personal details except your mobile number. He'll insist it's all your fault and they have proofs they you subscribed willingly and intentionally. Keep insisting on full refund. Tell him that you're already lodged a complaint with TIO (Telecommunication industry ombudsmen) (you can lodge it for real if you want to, you'll need the complaint reference from the step #1) and he'll be sued, sentenced and rot in jail. He'll eventually agree to issue full refund.

I'll keep you updated regarding my own process.

Dronec

UPD: Optus just issued full refund directly

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos