cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

I appreciate your response, but I have been assured someone will be in contact with me, though I was promised that before and nothing happened, And as I said before I was promised that I wasn't going to be subscribed to any service however nothing was done so I remain skeptical. I think I've wasted enough time trying to chase after this don't you think?

Its nice to see Optus is willing to help, but what steps are you guys doing to fix this? its obvious that your customers are unhappy and this has been happening since 2015. Why do you continue to allow this to happen after all this time?

You need to ask yourself which is more important to you, your customers or MiaSphere stealing from them?

Highlighted

Let us know how you go with that Wesleyb57 🙂 

We are here to help if you need further assistance.

We do take these complaints seriously, our agreement with Third Party Premium SMS providers is that customers sign up for the service and we'll then facilitate the billing side of things.

When a customer advises us that they've not asked for the service we'll then dispute it with the provider on your behalf and they'll be in touch with you.

We'll certainly pass your disappointing about your experience with these providers on.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Marie,

Nothing happened, no refund and I was promised someone from MiaSphere would call me in 3 Business days, and that was from Saturday, so unless they contact me in the next few hours then your support has again failed to do what they promised for a second time.

No point complaining about it now, the next step is the TIO and see what my options are.

I'm interested to know why, after so many complaints from customers being illegally subscribed to MiaSphere that they do not implement a system to ensure that only customers that have subscribed to MiaSphere are being correctly charged? Surely you can create a better system for this? You've had 2 years worth of complaints and it seems nothing has changed, or are you just happy to frustrate and force your customers to go to a different provider? As I asked before is your customers more important to you or not?

Highlighted
Blog Author

It's disappointing to hear that you haven't heard back from them. When you get a chance, can you please send us a private message with your number + DOB for privacy and we'll check to see if there's been any updates on our end?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Mia sphere live

I've just experienced the same problem, I'm not even a high usage internet person.  The first I was alerted was when I received a "stop" subscription to HipTap, which I never solicited or knowingly subscribed to in the first place.   Now Optus are very aware of the scam yet they allow charges to be made to my account when it should only be a service provided should the Optus customer ALLOW or CONSENT to. 

I will be on the phone to the Telecomm' Ombusdmen. Also sounds like a good piece for A Current Affair 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Mia sphere live

Hey Bunnynana - have you had a chance to SMS the STOP back to the last SMS you sent? You'd also be able to set the spent limit to $0 in your MyAccount for Premium Content. 

Can also take a look if you'd like to send a private message with your mobile number, full name and DOB. Gen 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am the latest victim.  Got the bill last night and found out the bogus charges.

Had a live chat with Optus; they reported the charges to MIA; barred the PSMS on my phone.

Been advised that MIA will contact me for the charges and I can request refunds with MIA.

Still waiting.

Searched online and this is an issue since 2015.  It's something that Optus can do simply to avoid these problems.  The excuse is that someone depends on PSMS and it's the service that people still use.  Really?!  People still depends on some services that utilize outdated payment technology?!

One simple thing Optus could do is to bar PSMS by default.  People will need to opt in in order to use PSMS.  Problem solved.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Justin The Moderator,

Are you saying it is disappointing???????

That is NOT your job..  Your job is to stop this scam...  You are absolutely USELESS...  You should all be sacked....

OPTUS MUST STOP THIS SCAM...  OPTUS MUST  END DOING BUSINESS WITH MIASPHERE BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL....

In the meantime you guys collect your paychecks  for doing nothing!!!  sorry  for writing  "disappointing"

I feel sorry for you guys  for unwillingly being sucked into the "Optus+MiaSphere"  SCAM  and being used by your own company.

If I were you, I would quit that dishonest job...

Decision is yours...

have a great day

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unlike the promises I received from Optus support, I kept my promise that I would contact the Ombudsmen if I didn't get any response. I didn't want to go down this path but I felt nothing was being done and I was wasting my time chasing it up with Optus support.

TIO was very helpful and I definitely recommend this to anyone that feel that they are just getting the run around. Actually I would recommend everyone that gets hit with this MiaSphere scam contacts TIO. Why the ombudsmen hasn't looked into this fraudulent behaviour after all this time is a mystery to me but he will have to do something if he gets inundated by more and more complaints about MiaSphere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thought that I'd update my case as I have not received any contact with MIA Sphere since reporting this to the Customer Care help line 29 April 2017. I was advised that MIA would contact me regarding the unsolicited charges within 2-5 working days, it is now the 16th of May and I have not heard anything from them.

I am now worried about getting another surprise on my next bill, which is due soon. I have been checking 'my account' online regularly since the scam - it seems that 'other charges' are not reflected online and only appear when the bill is issued.

I have paid my last bill in good faith that the matter will be satisfactorily resolved.

Optus???

rhodes73

0 Kudos
Top Contributors