cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barring of all Premium SMS and MMS - HOW??

Hi,

I am not Peter, but the idea of barring is to stop scammers with their SPAM SMS SCAM, where you click and get hit plus a monthly charge appears until a year later you notice you have racked up hundreds of Dollars. Or click on some icon on the net.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Moderator,

Please ensure that the web page of the link given in the envelope of a new Optus SIM card clearly gives a link to Live Chat to request barring, or better still, set up a web page with questions of ID and new phone number to have all services barred at a new link. It should not need Live Chat, it can be automated.

It is an insult to new Optus customers having to search and search to finally get into Live Chat (does not work all the time at Telstra either!) to bar services. It shows an attempt by Optus to allow customers to fall into "Premium Services" and to subscribe unwittingly.

At Telstra's equivalent web page to "YesCrowd" several users are already talking about a class action to force telcos to adopt opt-in/opt-out, which is a double verification to stop scamming.

RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Thank you for your feedback @domwild - we'll be sure to pass your feedback on and please do let us know if we can give you a hand with anything else in the future.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Images here (I'll PM the DOB) but I've already fixed the limit with chat. Its just the auto system that appears not to work. Selcted SETTINGS from below (MY ACCOUNT). The MOBILE SELF CARE site hasn't worked in the five days I've tried it.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

opt1.jpg

opt2.jpg

opt3a.jpg

opt3.jpg

opt4.jpg

Highlighted
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Thanks for taking the time to send this through - we'll be able to use this to avoid this in the future.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor KANTZ
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

I just called Optus regarding this and Optus didn't even bother to offer to remove it in my current bill. Crappy control for allowing this to happen without my permission.

Luckily I am out of contract and will change provider first thing tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Hey @KANTZ, we can definitely raise a dispute with the provider to request they refund the charges. Can you please send through your account details, full name and DOB via PM so we can organise this for you? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor KANTZ
New Contributor

Thanks for the offer. This is the same message i got from your agent. But my point is this. Even if you raised a dispute if the business is a dodgy business you won't get the resolution.

optus shouldn't allow these charges to go through without the knowledge of the customer. Optus should at least offer to remove it from my current bill but your agent is more concern about your policy than to solve the CONCERN of your customer.

I am sorry but you just lose a customer with this. I have an account with Vodafone and Telstra and their customer service is far way better than what i have experienced with your customer service.

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

Disappointed you feel this way @KANTZ. I can appreciate that this would be frustrating. As your service provider, we don't control the type of content services that are purchased from your mobile services - oftentimes, premium content charges are in relations to legitimate competitions such as the Cash Cow, ringtones, etc... which our customers wish to peruse. In some instances where this is not the case, we do our best to provide a break down of what content charges are (http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRequest&id=...). Given that they are not Optus charges, we would then proceed to raise this with the content providers themselves so they can contact you to discuss the charges. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Robbbo
New Contributor

I've just been done by these guys too, $18.39 which isn't much but it's $18.39 too much!

So deceptive..

But, I called Optus and they are going to Block them, as well as 'raise a complaint' with them and have the charges waived.  They said I should expect a call from MIA Sphere to confirm my complaint and Optus said I need confirm with them that I will not be paying the charges.
Good result, but took time out of my day to get it sorted so not acceptable.  Optus should never align with such a slippery company!

Top Contributors