cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Moderator Casey_

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Hey @Boboting, I have replied to your other post here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor seanando74
New Contributor

Just received a charge of $27 from these scammers. What is going on ! Seriously someone needs to take action  NOW. I won't be paying this and would like to be contacted asap. So angry right now. How can You let this happen . These scammers need to be arrested . Obviously you guys can block this company from making 3rd party charges. 

Tags (1)
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: MIA Sphere Live - Oznfun

Hey FunPoilice - I just replied to your other post about deleting your YesCrowd account. If you'd like me to also check into the billing for you, shoot your mobile number through for you. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor jedet
New Contributor

I just opened my Optus bill for April and I have been charged for $36.36 for this MIA Sphere Live content. Apparently, they've been charging me $9.09 every 7 days!!! I remember clicking an article on Facebook and it directly registered me to "Yobee" and I did opted out by texting STOP to 19789166.

This is unacceptable, Optus. How were they able to get hold of my number just by clicking a link? I was even skeptical when I read their message that my mobile number is now registered with them (because I did not enter it, and it is not even registered on Facebook) then lo and behold, I receive a text a few seconds later.

Seriously, Optus, I love you guys.. but I am definitely not a happy customer right now. 

New Contributor tbplayer
New Contributor

I also have just received a bill that included $34.50 "Content Services" on my wife's mobile.  On querying Optus, I discovered that this was due to a "subscription service" called OZNFUN. My wife has never subscribed to this service, but tells me that she regularly gets unsolicited text messages from them, which she has been ignoring (never replying to).  She has been finding these messages to be very annoying but has not known what to do about them as she has never subscribed to this service, has never visited any website with that name and would never give her mobile out to anyone she does not know, or who she would regard as having a legitimate reason to have it.

The Optus person who responded to my query advised that he would put a block on premium content on my wife's phone and will request a refund from OZNFUN.  As far as I am concerned, this is a complete scam and Optus must share some reponsibility for it.  I expect the amount to be fully refunded as this was not a service that we have signed up for.  Indeed, we don't know (to this day) what it even is!  In my opinion, Optus is complicit in this scam in allowing these people to charge through Optus at all.  In researching this, it would appear that this outfit has existed for some time (in various guises) and has previously been found to be operating a very similar scan through Telstra.  I anticipate that Optus will pursue this and provide us with our refund.  In the event that they do not, I will certainly be making a very strong complaint both to ACMA and to the Telecommunications Ombudsman.  I would recommend to Optus that they take steps to eliminate such people from charging through Optus.  We purchase songs and other content using our mobile phones through iTunes and are billed by Apple, not Optus.  This should be the case for all items purchased using a mobile phone (or other internet enabled device).  It will greatly reduce the incidence of such scams occuring.

Occasional Contributor sovac
Occasional Contributor

Hi tbplayer,

I initially went down the path of saying it was optus' responsibility to resolve the issue but after several times contacting them and having my case "elevated" nothing seemed to happen. I called the number associated to MIA on my bill several times and when I eventually spoke to someone I convinced them that these charges were bogus and they agreed to have them refunded. 

It is clearly a massive scam and I fail to see how Optus continues to claim it is a valid service. It is mind boggleing the number of hoops you need to jump through to have a charge removed that should not have been there in the first place. 

Glad to see I we are not the only ones!

New Contributor gorey1969
New Contributor

What a joke Optus.........you are knowingly supporting a scam by being a willing third party to actually billing your loyal customers for services that they didn't agree with. I myself have been recieving youlaugh SMS messages subscriptions for 5 weeks. I am  100% sure that I have never agreed to subscribe to a BS service like this (the funniest videos on the web). I see alot of complaints regarding this BS company and yet your moderators keep defending their practices by sugesting that some of these services are legit. Ask yourselves who would spend $40 a month on a service to provide "funny videos" seriously WTF.

I researched the company after recieveing the first message and I got a few different types of advice, some said that you shouldn't reply to opt out as it actually starts the billing and a cuople of other sites suggested to go to the their websit and unsubscribe 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Strange-Text-Message-What-to-do/td-p/144399

yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Harvest-Frenzy-unwanted-subscription/td-p/164247

LOOK HERE OPTUS

https://www.numberlookup.com.au/number/19789186

98% hazard and you guys are allowing this against your loyal customers.

I'll contact Optus tomorrow and cancel my account which is over 10 years old as well as making a formal complaint to the TIO.

Occasional Contributor Korcu
Occasional Contributor

That is absolute rubbish, Dear moderator....

And you know it..

At least show some respect...  and say nothing!!!!

New Contributor PssdOff
New Contributor

This is a ridiculous scam, no idea how it got on to my mobile, received messages with advice to stop subscription, tried to send the STOP message and was notified it would cost money to send the STOP. These charges DID NOT appear on my optus app usage so I figured the STOP message was a scam. I got an additional $26 charged to my account and have no way to contact optus!! it appears on my statement as a subscription I've never heard of. I might add a subscription to what?!? I still don't know what it is I just get messages asking me if I want to pay to send stop to a message?!? Seriously confused about where this came from since I don't click on things I don't know about, I can only assume I accidentally touched a button on a screen somewhere. Not happy this is possible through optus - definitely changing when my contract is up and never using optus again if they facilitate this kind of unreasonable, and completely invisible until you get the bill, scam!

RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey jeder - sounds like you've been subscribed to Premium SMS. You can block content spend through your MyAccount. Instructions here.  For what it's worth, I do get where you're coming from and and do apologise for the experience. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors