cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted

Re: MIA Sphere Live

@pbj we have offered to assist you however we have not received your details yet. If you would like us to resolve the charges please send us a PM with your account details, full name and DOB.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Casey, Shae, and Mike R (all moderators on this thread)

I appreciate that you all have a job to do and that you are giving the stock standard answers to a problem that has been plaguing YOUR  customers for YEARS! I know that this has been going on for years as I have been posting into this thread for years!

I am going to reiterate a post that I did about 2 years ago. I feel that the sentiment from it is still relevant.  After reading some of the recent posts by Optus customers I am sure that this will help get the point across AGAIN. 

The following points are all facts.

1. MIA SPHERE LIVE does not charge Optus customers, it is Optus that sends the bills with the charges from MIA Sphere Live. 

2. MIA Sphere Live does not suspended phone service of Optus customers if those customers refuse to pay for these charges.  Optus is the company that suspends their customers services if these charges are not paid. 

3. MIA Sphere Live does not charge late fees on these charges , It is Optus that charges late fees for nonpayment of these fraudulent charges.

4. MIA Sphere Live does not report Optus customers to the credit reporting agencys for nonpayment of these disputed charges. It is Optus that does this to their customers.  

5. MIA Sphere Live does not answer the phone when an Optus customer calls to dispute these fraudulent charges. ( I have only been successful when they thought I was a Telstra customer)

Because of the 5 reasons above this is a problem that exists between Optus and their customers.

MIA Sphere Live sends Optus  a request for payment on a service that they never performed. 

The folks at Optus are happy to pass on these charges as those of us who do query and complain about this FRAUD only represent a small percentage of your market share. 

How many millions of dollars has to be fleeced from YOUR customers before you say enough is enough? 

This is not the only thread in YesCrowd about the various frauds performed by MIA Sphere Live.  

Optus needs to start taking this issue more serious or you may find that your customers are no longer your customers any more.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Bravo Luk,

You have distilled all the frustration that many Optus customers have experienced re MIA Sphere Live into one post. I don't expect that we will get  any meaningful response from the so-called moderators; they are just doing the job they are paid to do: i.e. respond with the usual bland platitudes.

The message is clear; Optus isn't going to do anything about these sites, so, if you don't like it, go to another mobile phone service provider, although I suspect that many other mobile providers may have the same cosy arrangements with these premium SMS providers.

Caveat emptor

Regards,

Mal

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey there @Luk and @neural_revolt. Thanks for getting in touch regarding this one. I can appreciate the frustration caused in getting charged by a third party service provider. If either of you have charges that you'd like us to look into then please send through a PM with your account number, full name and DOB. We can also look into limiting your account so that you don't get similar charges on your account in the future.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: barring premium sms

THATS SO LAUGHABLE!!

PRETENDING TO ASSIST, WHILST ALREADY ENJOYING STOLEN FUNDS?

IN TOUCH WITH SINGTEL, SO BITE YOUR TONGUE SCUM!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've been a victim of this MIA Sphere Live scam recently. Was browsing through facebook (10 April 2017) and happened to click on an article, without realising that I unknowingly hit some button to subscribe to SmartWorld. Got an SMS right away telling me that I was subscribed to SmardWorld and will be charged $6.99/wk. Sent a STOP reply right away to unsubscribe.. I checked my Optus account, and was surprised to find out that I was charged $6.99 by this MIA Sphere Live content provider. I was also charged $0.25 for replying the unsubscribe SMS by Digital Turbine 10. It's frustrating!

I already had a chat with Optus customer support, and asked to block this charge. I just hope that I would not see it on my next bill, otherwise I chase them up again.

I had a friend who had been a victim of this MIA Sphere Live scam, and Optus didn't even offer him a refund. The only option/suggestion that Optus can offer him is to set the Premium SMS subscription to $0.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've been a victim of this MIA Sphere Live scam recently. Was browsing through facebook (10 April 2017) and happened to click on an article, without realising that I unknowingly hit some button to subscribe to SmartWorld. Got an SMS right away telling me that I was subscribed to SmardWorld and will be charged $6.99/wk. Sent a STOP reply right away to unsubscribe.. I checked my Optus account, and was surprised to find out that I was charged $6.99 by this MIA Sphere Live content provider. I was also charged $0.25 for replying the unsubscribe SMS by Digital Turbine 10. It's frustrating!

I already had a chat with Optus customer support, and asked to block this charge. I just hope that I would not see it on my next bill, otherwise I chase them up again.

I had a friend who had been a victim of this MIA Sphere Live scam, and Optus didn't even offer him a refund. The only option/suggestion that Optus can offer him is to set the Premium SMS subscription to $0.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MIA Sphere Live - Oznfun

I would post a complaint to the http://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/Phones/Mobile/Content-and-services/mobile-premium-services-faqs and the www.tio.com.au. . I have just gotten a bill with changes from Oznfun that where not autherised. There have been issues in the past with large fines. I will be making a complaint as soon as the charges are stopped and removed.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

So, after reading a lot of posts on here about MIA Sphere Live, I have also been a victim, I realise that the only way to make Optus pay is to leave and never come back.

I am sure the big boys have worked out the numbers, how many people will leave verses how many people will stay

I have lodged a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman

Highlighted

Hey @Boboting, if you would like us to raise a dispute with the content provider please send us a PM with your full name, mobile number and DOB. Once we have raised the dispute the content provider then has 2 business days to get in touch with you to discuss the charges. 

Top Contributors