Searching...

Mobile

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Shae

Sorry to say @pbj but Optus don't have access to the providers records to confirm the transaction request. As this the service is billed on your account by the content provider, the dispute is with the provider. In this instance Optus have no interaction with the content you're provided with for these charges, we only serve as the billing platform for the charge. If you don't believe that you've requested the service, it'd need to be disputed with the content provider directly. 

Pearl55

I feel your pain - I am disgusted that Optus would allow it's customers to be ripped off like this.  Getting a refund seems impossible, but Optus just cancel the service from here on and wipe their hands of you.

Miles_R

I'm sorry to hear this sentiment, @Pearl55. Was there are content service charge of your own that you'd like us to look into? If so, probably best to PM us with your service details as well, including your full name and DOB for the privacy of the account. More than happy to help out where we can.

Highlighted

Mia sphere live

Bucko

I've been scammed by these guys and I can see that it's a pretty big scale going.

the difference in my situation is that I haven't realised and it's been coming out for months. 

I've been overseas and started a new job etc. which is why it's taken so long to find it. 

I contacted Optus when I found out and they gave me the contact no. For Mia sphere live so I rang and cancelled the service and they said that someone would be in contact to talk about a possible refund. 

My question is, have people had luck with a refund. Also how can they (both Optus and miasphere) sign you up to something without any knowledge (I thought the texts were a normal scam where if you reply you are charged). I'm contacting the ombudsman tomorrow to take it further if I don't hear from either party. 

Re: Mia sphere live

Xenomorph

Hi @Bucko!

I already replied to the other thread you've made.

Check the details here, https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Billing/Mia-sphere-live/m-p/201963/highlight/false#M123.

-------------------
My answers are just my opinions. It doesn't represent Optus or any of it's staffs.
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! Smiley Wink

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! Smiley Wink

Re: Mia sphere live

Esther

Hye Bucko - I've replied to your other post in the Yes Crowd Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Normandy_sr2

add me to the victum list, they got my ipad number and racked up 36.36 of charges... I never ever clicked on aything... and its mostly on wi fi.. and no one accessed the ipad but me.. called provider... no asnwer.... talked to optus online agent..  no help told me to call them, which I said I did... now whats my options OPTUS???? Not at all happy... been a customer for 17 years, and had all my premium sms content blocked on my phones years ago... but got a sim a few years ago for my ipad... now this gets scammed... ARGH.. not at all happy ! I DEMAND A REFUND !

Korcu

Moderators,

LISTEN TO ME

STOP PLAYING DUMB....  WE KNOW YOU ARE NOT THAT SILLY AT ALL...

GO AND TALK TO YOUR  BOSSES, MANAGERS WHOEVER RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS SCAM....

TELL THEM TO BAR  "MIASPHERE LIVE"  AND DISCONNECT ALL BUSINESS LINKS WHATEVER THEY ARE..

SO, GUYS,  STOP TELLING US THE FAIRY TALES

WE ARE SICK OF THEM..

CHEERS

KORCU

Staci3029

This just happened to me on my Feb bill as well. It's my nephew's SIM card which is linked to my account. He received 3 text messages that he didn't even know what that's for so he ignored them. I saw a post previously from Esther the moderator saying can just PM any moderator and get this sorted?? Can someone please get back to me who I can PM? It seems very few moderators have repeated on this forum. Thanks. 

Esther

Hey Staci3029 - if you click on my name and select Private message you can send me your nephew's mobile number, your full name and DOB (as you're the account holder) and I'll take a look for you and make sure Premium services are barred Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos