Ask a Question
Korcu
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Do your best????

What exactly DID YOU DO???

Your Team???

What exactly YOUR TEAM HAD TO DO ABOUT IT???

TEAMWORK!!!!

SOUNDS LIKE TEAMWORK WITH  "MIA SPHERE LIVE"......

DID YOUR TEAM SPEAK TO MIA SPHERE LIVE...

DID YOU FILE A REPORT FOR OPTUS MANAGEMENT????

IF YOU NEED HELP, I AM A PROJECT MANAGER...  I CAN TELL YOU WHAT TO DO TO DEAL WITH THESE CROOK COMPANIES....   

NO CHARGE...  I DO IT FOR FREE......

0 Kudos
Vicky
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Raiden - sorry about the late reply. Have you had a chance to check out more information on these charges on our website here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-faqs-spend-control? We can definitely take a look - can you shoot us a PM with your full name, DOB and service number? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Casey_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hey eguitarist, we provide the helpline number for the Third Party provider next to charge on the bill so you can call them if needed. I'm unsure as to whether they accept emails, however their advice is to call. Here is more information about Premium SMS and how to block the subscription, essentially blocking any further charges from coming through. Once we log a complaint with the Third Party Provider, they then have 2 business days to contact you to discuss the charges. If it has been over 2 business days please send us a PM with your mobile number, full name and DOB so we can investigate. 

0 Kudos
Lexus666
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well Casey,

it's been two weeks and no contact from these thieving scumbags as it is not in their interest to pay back dishonestly obtained money.

I can only assume that the way Telcos firstly default to opt in for premium services and secondly will enforce payment of these charges through legal avenues shows that kick backs are being paid - how else would they NOT defend their customers?

Being able to 'block' premium services after the fact doesn't help when money has been fraudulently obtained with little to zero chance of getting reimbursed. I bet there are quite a number that don't check their bills closely and get these recurring charges.

There a large number of complaints about this and the list is growing whether clicking a picture on facebook which automatically adds the service or phone number mining. In any case I was scammed by these cretins and at no point did I get a message explicitly asking if I want to add any services to my account which my friends does not a contract make so why will the telcos viscously go after their customers to enforce a none existing contract?

This will go on and on until the things change and the first, and easiest step, is to DEFAULT TO ****ING OPT IN TO PREMIUM SERVICES FOR ALL NEW AND EXISTING ACCOUNTS! How difficult would that be?

Draw a line in the sand with this and have third parties sign up to these services properly the same as when I sign up with OPTUS in the first ****ing thing instead of, and I say again, enforcing contracts that do not exist!

Sam_D
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I understand it's a frustrating situation, @Lexus666 - though I can assure you that telcos are not affiliated with Premium Content Providers unless clearly stated. The charges that appear on your bill are purely charges that have been passed on to us by the content provider; similar to carrier billing through the Google Play Store/iTunes etc. The reason we don't automatically block these services is because more often than not they are subscribed to intentionally and barring the ability to fully use your service isn't something we're able to do. 

Just a heads up that while you've somewhat censored your post, this is still considered profanity. Our T&Cs can be viewed here. As Casey mentioned, we'd love to give you a hand however haven't received a PM with your information as yet. 

0 Kudos
Lexus666
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It's odd that I use google and iTunes to buy content while setting my premium services to zero so your response is factually wrong. If I want Spotify, Netflix, etc. I sign a separate contract without and they bill me separately. Why are these third party scams charged directly to the telcos? It would be better that telcos have nothing to do with any third party scammers so that there is the option to tell them to get stuffed without the might of the telcos suing against THEIR CUSTOMERS knowing IT'S A SCAM! 

I'm over the $31 I lost it's paltry but multiply that by thousands and your looking big money for nothing.

The fact that, in this case, Optus wash their hands of the customers using cut and pasted responses knowing these thieves barely ever respond.

No reason to reply to this response I'm not going to waste my time with it anymore.

0 Kudos
Sam_D
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Direct carrier billing is a feature that you can arrange as a payment method @Lexus666 - the purpose of this example was just to compare the similar instances of third parties billing via your telco invoice.

I can assure you that this isn't the case at all and we've offered to assist you on multiple occasions now. Our process for disputing Premium Content charges is highly reliable and is more often than not met with a positive response. If you've been charged by a third party provider for a service that you've not subscribed to and are yet to receive contact as a result of a dispute, we'll be able to chase this up for you. I'm happy to pass on your feedback in relation to the above however I'm afraid without further information we'll be unable to assist.

0 Kudos
Lexus666
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You've responded 3 times with nothing and that is also the sum total of times I have been contacted by MIA SPHERE in the last 2 weeks since I lodged a complaint. Which means your help is more or less useless.

I gave you advice to remove all 3rd party services out of Optus' hands and let the customer choose what services they subscribe themselves but no you keep banging on about it being a feature of your services and then you go blaming the victims of scams.

Sam_D
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry you feel we haven't been helpful @Lexus666. To reiterate; I can personally follow this up for you, however as we're yet to receive the account information which we've requested above - we can't locate the service. If you'd like us to chase this up for you, please PM us your details. Alternatively please give our Customer Service team a buzz on 133937. 

0 Kudos
Lexus666
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Look, I don't care about the money. I am 100% sure that I will never get a refund anyway since I'm stuffed with your crappy policies. Then Optus have the nerve to say that the customer has to chase it and we have no legal recourse but Optus do if I refuse to pay these fraudulent charges at a risk of losing my service and being fined. I am more concerned why you allow it to happen at all. If I was to buy ingame items I get a password prompt and that is my acceptance. Rather you ALLOW or condone automatic billing on something I never accepted.

0 Kudos