cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor linusnlucy
Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Hi Hollie

Do you plan on answering my earlier reply to this message?

Thank you

linusnlucy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey linusnlucy, I can see that Marie has responded to your other post here. We're happy to take your account details in private message and investigate your situation further.

In reply to your questions though. Optus has an array of agreements with various groups across different product categories. We won't be able to disclose details of those agreements here. We're still willing to investigate your complaint though.

0 Kudos
Contributor linusnlucy
Contributor

Hi Nghi

Actually I would like my question answered here on this thread as there has been so many people interested in this issue. Surely OPTUS are happy to be transparent in their dealings, so no need for a private message. 

So once again, does OPTUS make any money from their association with MIA Sphere Live and are they in fact a Partner of OPTUS as clearly stated on the detailed invoice I showed earlier up in this thread? Please be careful with your answer as I will be using it as evidence when I decide it is time to go to the TIO.

Thank you

linusnlucy

Tags (2)
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

As Nghi's already advised we're not able to discuss any business sensitive information on here. If you'd like to have your individual concerns looked into, shoot us a PM. Thanks

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor linusnlucy
Contributor

I thought the two questions I have repeatedly asked you would be of interest to all of the people who have viewed this post. Why is it business sensitive information? Can't you be transparent? You do not need my personal information to answer these two questions about MIA Sphere Live.

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Contributor linusnlucy
Contributor

Moderator Holly said the following on post 40 of this thread.

'Hey Guys - we definitely aren't partnered with the Premium SMS providers, they charge us for the PSMS's then we pass the charges on to the customers.'

How can this be true in light of the above evidence in post 41 of this thread (detailed invoice)? Why does it have MIA Sphere Categorised as a Partner?

I DO NOT WISH TO DISCUSS THIS PRIVATELY, as there are 12,300 odd people who have viewed this thread and would be interested to know. This is a matter for public scrutiny and not a personal matter relating to me only. Come on OPTUS show us you have nothing to hide.

Thank you

linusnlucy

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

To answer your question plainly, I'm sorry to say but any agreements with third parties isn't something we'd discuss with customers. Although the word "partner" may be used to describe a 3rd party billing you for something on the itemised bill you're referring to, Optus have no input into how any 3rd party conducts their business. We're not going to be able to provide any further information along this line of questioning for the fact that we're not in a position to comment on companies outside Optus and for the reasons I've mentioned above.

You've indicated you'd like to make a written complaint on another post, while declining to provide any info for us to get in contact with you; and given that we're unable to provide any further information speaking directly to the points you've raised, that may be the best option moving forward. Happy to have a chat with you in regards to any other questions or concerns you have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor linusnlucy
Contributor

Hi Shae

Thank you for providing me with a postal address for your  Customer Service. I am most definitely taking this complaint to them and then to the TIO, as would be the necessay order of things.

I am disappointed that you have still not answered my question 'is OPTUS partnered with MIA Sphere Live?'. Surely your customers have a LEGAL RIGHT to know this when they are being charged by this company via OPTUS.

Obviously you have no input into how MIA SphereLive conduct their business, but the fact that they are conducting their business in such a despicable manner should warrant you not partnering with them, or at very least, allowing them to have access to your customers ie; banning them. Just from looking at these forums it is obvious that many OPTUS customers have been scammed by MIA Sphere Live, in some cases for hundreds of dollars. Yet OPTUS continue to allow MIA Sphere to have access to their customers. You simply can't defend that without looking like a joke or attracting a whole lot of bad karma. 

So have helped with an address, but have not answered questions that you should have (are probably legally obliged to do so) and when I find out for sure, I will be back onto this forum letting others know the truth about their rights.  

I was with iiNet for 13 years. I only just changed to OPTUS for the EPL (my son watches it) and after only 3 months it is apparent I have my family involved with a bunch of crooks. I can't believe you would lower your morals enough to work for OPTUS.

Good Luck, you will need it getting over all that bad karma.

linusnlucy

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

With 3rd party content, a company will offer a service and send a bill to Optus, Optus then pass those charges on to the service which activated the subscription, Optus aren't "partners" with these companies. Hundreds of companies use this method of billing for their services and the majority of charges are correct, I have my Netflix and Google Play Store set up for direct carrier billing.

Clearly there is an issue with unwanted content charges though, we have a dedicated team working to on ways to prevent it from happening and conversations like these are all tagged and passed on for feedback/reporting. In the mean time the best advice I have for any one concerned about content charges is to reduce your spend to $0 as per our instructions here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor linusnlucy
Contributor

I did that a while ago. This is not about me you see. This is about all of the people that OPTUS are allowing MIA Sphere Live to rip off. My son (a minor) is in charge of the phone that is causing me problems. Why do you set up my account to let this happen without an adult's authorisation? Funny I have to tailor my settings to prevent this happening ie; I could not use another premium SMS service even if I wanted to.

Also this service should not be automatically activated upon sign up. It should be up to the customer to activate if desired. You can offer all of the lying excuses you are trained to offer, just leave me alone, as I now have enough evidence of OPTUS' shady dealings to take this further.

Thank You

linusnlucy

0 Kudos
Top Contributors