Searching...

Mobile

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Vicky

Sorry about the late reply there Palamede. Generally speaking, these content charges are subscribed when the user enter competitions, download free applications/ music, etc... You can check out our website here for information on them here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRequest&id=.... Can appreciate it would be frustrating however not understanding how these services were charged Smiley Sad What we can do is organise for the content providers to get in touch with you instead if you would prefer - if you can send us a PM with your full name, DOB and service number we can get that organised for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Korcu

I am sorry Vicky but you are simply STUPID.  Just go and read what we have been writing in the last few months!!!!

This is a SCAM...  These guys are dodgy and crook people.  And you expect them to contact the victims and explain how they cheat the "'innocent"' Optus  team  and charge Optus customers (my guess) millions of dollars...

Who is the victim here???  Who is the ignorant mobile phone service provider???

I hate to think Optus is in bed with these guys turning a blind eye to the dodgy company's evil rip off act..  And if the customers are not checking their account statements, everybody is happy with the outcome..

But Hey,  this has to stop  and Optus will have to do what they have to do.

Please stop playing stupid games with Optus customers.

regards

Vicky

I can appreciate you're frustrated Korcu, however please refrain from name-calling in your posts to us. You can check out our T&C's here → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Welcome-Announcements/Yes-Crowd-Guidelines/td-p/42. We're definitely here to help and if you feel that you haven't subscribed to these content providers knowingly, we would raise a case for them to get in contact to discuss it further. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Korcu

Fine.

Please do NOT make promises for things you CANNOT  and WILL NOT do.

OK. Here is the challenge for you......

Request MIA Sphere Live to contact me and explain how and why they charged me more than $100 dollars through Optus network???   Ask them to speak to me directly on the phone.  Ask them to refund my money

my mobile number is on my Optus account..

I will give you 5 business days to get them convinced that they should contact me.

Will give you feedback next week.

Good Luck

Vicky

No issues - can definitely organise that if you can PM us your full name, DOB and service number.

linusnlucy

Hi there

I have multiple charges from Hip Fun, Cleverdaze and Hot Tube from my son's (who is a minor) phone. I have set my accounts to $0 for premium sms/third party charges and am yet to see if this is effective. Besides many complaints on the internet from disgruntled customers, I found this article on the accan website which is very interesting. 

https://accan.org.au/hot-issues/1200-what-to-do-if-you-get-third-party-charges-on-your-phone-billhtt...

If you look at the detailed transaction of your bill, you will find that the Content Provider (MIA Sphere Live) in my case, is listed as a partner of OPTUS. This supports the claims that the above article is making, that Optus and other providers are receiving payments for these fraudulent services and so have no interest in banning them.

After I have emailed OPTUS to see if they will refund me, I will definititely be taking this to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman and find out what they are doing about this issue.

Also I tried to raise a complaint about the provider (partner) via OPTUS Zoo, but the way OPTUS have it set up requires you to provide these scammers with more of your private details, or else you are unable to submit the complaint.

Good luck in getting some justice from OPTUS.

Korcu

Hi Moderators,

would you please respond to  linusnlucy's  message  claiming  Optus is actually a partner with these dodgy companies??

is this true??

any links with these companies???

thanks.

Hollie

Hey Guys - we definitely aren't partnered with the Premium SMS providers, they charge us for the PSMS's then we pass the charges on to the customers.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

linusnlucy

Hi Hollie

Two questions for now.

Does OPTUS make money out of these transactions?

Can you explain what I can see on my detailed invoice, that MIA Sphere is a partner?

MIA Sphere.jpg

Thank you

linusnlucy

linusnlucy

Hey Korcu

I asked the moderated 2 more straight forward questions and we still have no reply.

Thanks

linusnlucy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
133 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
78 Kudos
45 Kudos