cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Stanleynsho
New Contributor

MIA Sphere Live

Just receving my bill and have a review of it, found that I have charged from "MIA Sphere Live" on my account for last month and this month too. But I really don't know what they are for? Can I have these refunded? 

waiting for your promt response

906 Replies
Occasional Contributor wabbalee
Occasional Contributor

barring premium sms

Hi all, is there a way to stop premium sms completely? cheers!

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: barring premium sms

Yeldarb is correct wabbalee. Specifically the section that says "setting a premium SMS spend limit." If you set it to $0, you aren't able to be charged for premium SMS. You can still be charged for optional purchases from the play/app store depending on how you've requested to be billed.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor wabbalee
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thank you, i dont use the app store, i havent a clue what you mean really.. and my bill is prepaid, if that makes a difference,,?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Hey Ron - I've got your info still. I'll make sure Premium access is barred & confirm via PM tomorrow if you like? Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor figaro
Occasional Contributor

MIA Sphere Live

Anybody else had a charge appear on their mobile account for a third party subscription called Mia Sphere Live?  Optus have now blocked it, however there doesn't seem to be any way to contact these people for refunds.

Occasional Contributor figaro
Occasional Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live

Just found out this is some sort of scam and appears as a weekly charge on your bill with a service name Topikoo. Can be activated by simply entering contests, clicking on links in Facebook etc.  If you receive an SMS, reply STOP immediately but it is likely you will have already been charged a 6.27 fee.  

It is a service which most if not all carriers in Australia do offer, however you can opt out of it, they are treated like premium SMS. Problem with mine was it was activated on a tablet with a data share sim so I never received an SMS. Set your Premium SMS allowance to zero to stop them charging and call Optus immediately to lodge complaint.

Managed to pull these contact details from the big T forums.  Apparently they don't take too kindly to giving refunds.

1300 724 406
support.au@digitalturbine.com

Other advice is to contact ACCC, they are apparently investigating.

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I hate these scams. Your advice is spot on though. Bar premium SMS always unless you specifically want to use it for some reason.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
New Contributor Redmacca
New Contributor

Do not beleive anything Optus tells you.

This is a scam Optus is supporting. They could turn it off but refuse to.

Optus collects money from their customers and pays it to the scammers.

Shame on Optus. At $6.37 per hit how many millions are being fleeced from Optus cusomers every month .. with the support of Optus?

.. and you have to call Optus directly to have it barred.

Top Contributors