Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MikeS23
New Contributor
New Contributor

Low signal level in suburban Brisbane

HI, for about a year now the strength of my optus mobile signal at home in inner south-east Brisbane has been so low (less than -122dB) that my phone is basically unusable. Calls cut out or don't even ring. I have tried different handsets (apple & samsung) with no change, tried turning off the power at home in case it was something interfering, and wifi calling seems to only work sometimes. I am in a standard suburban street, not in a valley, and can't see any reason for poor signal other than a hole in Optus coverage. Do I have any option other than to change carrier ? Thanks, Mike

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Aron_YC

Re: Low signal level in suburban Brisbane

Hey MikeS23

If you've already determined that it's the Optus network that just isn't coming into your home strong enough then your only solution would be to look into getting a signal booster. It's not something that we provide but this can provide a stronger connection for those in situations similar to your own. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos