cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Riley_Mitchell
New Contributor

Lots of Issues Before Even Starting with Optus

I'm having a heap of issues with Optus and my plan hasn't even begun yet.

I signed up with Optus over 2 weeks ago and was told that I just needed to sign up to a new plan, receive the sim and then port my number from Vodafone over to Optus once I had received the sim so I can continue having a working mobile.

After a day, I received a text saying to call Optus because there was an issue with my order. After spending close to an hour on the phone with them, moving me between 4 different departments because nobody could get it right, they told me to not worry about the text and that everything was fine so I should receive my sim soon.

After days of receiving more messages, I went on to the chat to get a written confirmation that everything was fine because I was still receiving the texts. After speaking on the chat for again, close to an hour after it kept dropping out and I would have to explain the situation all over again - I received written confirmation that there are no errors on Optus' end and that it is definitely coming.

It's now been over two weeks of continuously receiving messages to say that my order hasn't been processed and that I need to contact Optus. 

What an absolute joke. I need someone to contact me because I will be cancelling the order if I don't receive a tracking confirmation in the next 24 hours.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Lots of Issues Before Even Starting with Optus

What plan did you select? How much mointhly data so you want?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Riley_Mitchell
New Contributor

The $59 plan only with no device so they literally just needed to send a simple sim card.
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah, something has definitely gone wrong. That happens but instead of assigning a dedicated contact point to work through it they seem to just leave it up to the customer to keep ringing up and begging for something to be done.

Note that porting a number does take two companies and its likely the issue is something on Vodaphones end and they are not releasing the number. All I can suggest is try FaceBook as Optus seem to have their best CS agents there.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors