Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Lost phone

Hey I have a phone in contract under my name but my partner uses it and he has lost it at work can I still do the insurance claim since he lost it not me please give us a reply 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lost phone

I don't think it matters enough to mention.

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The PDS states:

We will not be liable for any claims made on Insured Equipment which at the time of the loss or damage was held as inventory for sale, lease or rental or being used as a loan device or for demonstration purposes

Given the everything in the sentence I think 'loan device' is more refering to a replacement phone you might get while yours is being repaired for example. I don't think it means you loaned it to someone.

FWIW letting someone else use the phone is almost certainly not an issue. Plenty of parents buy phones for there kids and purchase the insurance to cover them. As mentioned, you've paid your premium the phone is lost. Just let them known when and where you believe you lost it and that should be all you need for the report.

You'll need to get a police report done too for the claim (they're not going to look for it, just file it :o).

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback now when I do the police report does it matter if he does the report or do I have to do it do you know because you have been such great help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Happy to help.

I think you'd probably have to do it as the nominated owner of the lost property. I think the report is more just to get any ID details of the phone so if someone hands it in then it can be matched to you. Hope the claim goes smoothly.

Regards

Peter Gillespie