cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Smooky
New Contributor
New Contributor

Lost old sim. Wanting to replace it with new sim but keep my old number..

Hi. I recently lost my old sim card. Still have the phone tho and today i bought new sim card but im wanting to keep my old number if possible. Ringing the phone number was no help and all online help chats are busy. I dont have my old my account details i used to set up my phone as its been years and long forgotten. Need help please. Do i maybe go ahead and set up a new my account and activate the new sim for now then try find the option somewhere to change that new number back to my existing one ?? Very confusing online here and getn frustrated i just want to get my old phone number back not a new one and its quiet urgent too. Any help wuld be greatly appreciatd thankyou.. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Lost old sim. Wanting to replace it with new sim but keep my old number..

Hi there,

Hopfully the following link will supply some information.

how-to-activate-or-replace-a-mobile-phone-sim-card

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Kb86
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi I have lost my old sim card but I got a new one can u plz help me with keeping my old number if so I would really like that thx 

0 Kudos
nawazs
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had an old number with Telstra which I ve not used for more than a year. I want to keep that number with Optus. How can I do that?
0 Kudos
George_YC

Hey @nawazs

If your number is still active with Telstra, you can port it over to us.

You'll just either need to select a Prepaid or Postpaid plan for the number to remain active on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors