cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Goffredo70
New Contributor
New Contributor

Lost my mobile phone

Hello,

Today I lost my mobile phone what is the process of getting Another?

Regards Goff 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Lost my mobile phone

Um you save up and buy another one? Are you asking about Optus Mobile Insurance?
0 Kudos
SteveV
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ok. 
so first was it a contracted handset

second did you have mobile insurance through Optus.

if yes to first but no to second as suggested buy another handset and continue paying your handset repayment. If you had insurance see this page for details.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/extras/insurance

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Goff,

You can pick up a new SIM at your nearest Optus store. Remember to bring 100 points of ID.

If you can't get to a store or you're living in a rural area, call us to organise a replacement SIM card.

Device Replacement

You can pick up a replacement device at your nearest Optus store. Remember to bring 100 points of ID.

Alternatively, you can buy a new device online.

Important: if you choose to buy a second-hand device, check the IMEI number to ensure it hasn't been barred or blocked. Optus can only unblock a device with the original Account Holder's permission. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Bungalow52
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Bungalow52
New Contributor
New Contributor

I lost my iphone please help
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

What help do you require?
0 Kudos
demetra
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I want to stop someone to use it.

also can I use the number on another phone?

0 Kudos
demetra
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I want to stop someone to use it 

and if I can use the same number on another phone

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Hey @demetra. I'm sorry to hear about your lost device.

If you are seeking to have the phone blocked or have your SIM card deactivated, I would recommend getting In touch with our Support team via the My Optus app as they will be able to assist with having your IMEI number blocked.

You can also look to visit one of our retail stores to have a SIM replacement issued on your service as well, which would de-activate your lost SIM.

If you end up having troubles getting in touch with our team via the app, you can also look to get in touch with our team on Facebook or Twitter as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.