Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Bhyujn
New Contributor

Lost SIM card overseas

I’ve lost my SIM card overseas.  

Is it possible to be sent a new one directly to me or does someone from Australia need to purchase one for me and then post it overseas?

If someone does need to buy one on my behalf in Australia, what sort of ID or documentation do they need?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Lost SIM card overseas

99% sure Optus won't send you one overseas unfortunately. Given you're getting a replacement SIM and not a SIM for a new service, a friend or family member should be able to go in store and pick up a "blank SIM" without a problem, shouldn't need your account specific info but I'd maybe give it to them just in case. I'd then have them activate it for you online (your friend that is, not the staff member) and then send it. I think you should be able to activate it online yourself but there's a chance it's geo blocked to prevent fraud so you being overseas might stop it so better to be safe then sorry. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hey @Bhyujn. SamSam is correct. We're unable to post you a SIM overseas. If you're able to get someone in Australia to pick up a blank SIM they won't need to provide ID documentation. Once you've got the SIM card number, please reach out via private message and we can help you activate it 🙂 Make sure you ask your friend in Australia to pick up the right type of SIM. If you're on prepaid mobile, you'll need a prepaid mobile SIM. If you're on postpaid mobile, you'll need a postpaid mobile SIM. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to send them through here or via PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor devaro
New Contributor

Hi if i get a blank sim to replace a lost one, can i retain my original number?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @ devaro - Yes, you can certainly get a new SIM and we can get your original number transferred over. Please visit any Optus store and one of our staff members can help there. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos