Searching...

Mobile

Lose credit when changing from prepaid to post paid?

Me2000

I have only just paid fir my prepaid recharge (2 days ago) and have, while  buying a different product over the phone, changed my prepaid sim over to post paid.  Do I lose the remainder of the recharge money I paid ( ie 25 days worth) in the change?  If so,  why can't they simply credit my account now it is all on the same bill?  I think that is bad customer service not to be informed if that at the time as I could have delayed the switch(and would have) had I be confirmed.  If I don't lose it..... yay Optus!

Re: Lose credit when changing from prepaid to post paid?

Davelew

Hi

Yes you do lose your credit.   I am afraid as many things in this world Optus will say it is your responsibility to read and understand the terms and conditions before entering into any contract.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Re: Lose credit when changing from prepaid to post paid?

Me2000

Thanks Dave.  Yes sad that their training doesn't look at things from a customer's perspective.  Short term financial gain.  These little things taint the experience and increase the likelihood of losing customers as soon as the new contracts expire. If they have no loyalty to long term customers' needs then I lose loyalty to them...it is a shame. Far easier to develop an algorithm to enable refunds or part refunds to accounts.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
128 Kudos
98 Kudos
87 Kudos
56 Kudos