cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Locked Sim Card Activation

hi, i bought a new prepaid sim card. when i go to activate it online, it says that the sim card is locked. it has not been activated yet? what do i do?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Locked Sim Card Activation

Hmm, were there multiple activation attempts or did you receive the prompt when you tried to activate the SIM for the first time.

Was there an error code alongside the prompt you received? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

hi, thanks for responding.

it came up everytime i attempted to activate it. there was no error code, the follow message is what it said:

"We're sorry but unfortunately the SIM number entered has been locked. A valid SIM is required to continue activation. Please chat with us or call on 1300 737 252."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, right. That's an odd one. 

Is it a Prepaid starter SIM pack, or a $2.00 SIM card? Sounds like we'll need to give you a replacement SIM. If possible, I'd head into your nearest Optus store. To find out which stores are open and their trading hours, head to > https://www.optus.com.au/shop/stores. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks!! i appreciate it, ill get a replacement sim 😊

0 Kudos
Top Contributors