Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BlaclPanther
New Contributor
New Contributor

Localised tower outage

Hi, I would like to know if there are grounds for compensation when a tower is out in your local area? Like a cut in month bills or total refund? I have been in this particular area for a couple of months now and reception is very very bad, only just enough to load a page on my phone after you move around a bit. I have been with Optus for 10+ years. Its a relatively built up area and I have been told today via my local Optus store that the tower will be fixed in the next couple of months or soon and the network is relying on surrounding towers. It is a bit frustrating when you are on the $100/m plan and can barely use it. Any info back would be good. Cheers.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Localised tower outage

There's no black and white rule for your situation and really is case by case. You're paying $100 a month for a mobile service, meaning you'd likely be using it in more then one area (unless you're referring to mobile broadband and you only use it at home?) so I wouldn't think they'd discount the whole bill but I think if you call and discuss you'd be able to come to some sort of agreement, especially if there is evidence that the tower needs to be fixed/upgraded/whatever.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
BlaclPanther
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, cheers for the reply!

Yeah I thought that may be the case. I generally use it (data) while at home at night and not really at all at work during the day. So when I'm keen and able to use it I can't...which is pretty frustrating.

I think a call will be good and at least put my case forward for a discount until the tower is fixed as the Optus instore rep said they don't know when it will be addressed and I don't wanna continue to be in this case in 6 months time paying $100/m that I can't use.

0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Totally agree. At the very least there will be a log of your difficulties on file should you want to take it further if you are in this position 6 months down the track i.e. getting out of your contract or similar. 

Goodluck! 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Top Contributors