Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor privyetrusski
New Contributor

Loan Phone - Denial!

Does anybody know how to receive a loan phone? I have Devide Protect Insurance for my Apple iPhone 8 Plus and have put through an insurance claim to have my phone repaired. I require a device for both work and personal reasons and will need a loan phone for the time my device is in repair.

I have tried multiple stores as instructed but all do not offer loan phones and will only order one after handing in my device - it will take almost a week to receive it and at that point my phone will almost be back to me! This is a ridiculous process and I have been on the phone for hours trying to find assistance.

On Optus Support there is an option to have one delivered to your home address and to place your phone in a return satchel: https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1454 Read: "Requesting a loan phone over the phone"

However, when trying to organise this on the number provided staff have no idea what I am talking about and I keep getting told to go in-store when I have already tried this! I was told they cannot order loan phones over the phone and if this is the case I wonder why this false information is still available online?

After getting nowhere yesterday and issuing a formal complaint I tried to call again this afternoon and, while my request was at least recongnised, after more than an hour on the phone I was suddenly and rudely hung up on and still have not been called back! What disgraceful customer service.

If I knew it would be this much of a hassle I would never have gotten insurance in the first place - it is a waste of money though I am not in a place financially to have it repaired elsewhere and reimbursed (as offered by staff) .

This is disgusting service and I am ready to take this to the ombudsman for being fed false information and false addvertising as this was one of the major selling points for me when signing up for Insurance.

Does anybody have any recommendations on what to do from here??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Loan Phone - Denial!

Hi privyetrusski,

What you read on the Optus Support page is correct information so it's very disappointing to hear this request wasn't met by the Phone Support staff.

We’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details and let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Loan phones have always been not 100% promised by Optus. On that page the first line is "we may offer a loan phone for the period your device is out of action.". But its pretty bizarre staff don't seem to know about the process in the first place. 

I note that page requests:

Perhaps this is code for a a "loan phone" or perhaps @Ray_YC you could get it corrected?Smiley Happy

Hopefully now a mod is involved the process can be kicked off. As a backup suggestion you can alwyas grab a cheap smartphone for $30 at Woolworths etc. and that could also see you through.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks Peter, nice pick up, much appreciated. I'll let the Help & Support page team know ☺️ 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors